Come join our AAA Five Diamond Team!
Join an award-winning company! The Ponte Vedra Inn & Club is one of the most premier places to work in Northeast Florida. Apply today and take advantage of this unique opportunity to work at the historic Ponte Vedra Inn & Club. People are our greatest asset, and we are currently seeking people like you who have a desire to join our team.
What's in it for you? Top pay - Flexible scheduling - Company provided uniforms and dry cleaning benefits - Resort discounts - Company provided 5-diamond training & certifications . . . and so much more!
EDUCATION: High School graduate or equivalent. Ability to speak, read, write, and comprehend the English language at a level sufficient to communicate effectively with staff.
TRAINING & EXPERIENCE: Some experience working in a storeroom or in the hospitality industry preferred, but not mandatory. Some experience with the use of POS (computer) system helpful
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Some knowledge of receiving, storing and issuing by requisitions helpful. Knowledge of food and beverage products, equipment and supplies also recommended.
JOB SUMMARY: Receive, store and issue all food, beverages an related supplies. Maintain sanitation and safety standards. Schedule if varied to include weekends and holidays.
PHYSICAL ABILITIES: Must be able to work on feet, moving about at a quick pace for several hours at a time. Must be able to lift, carry, and move up to 50 pounds.
DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS
1. Must be able to work a flexible schedule, to include weekends, holidays and split shifts.
2. Must arrive to work on time, consistently.
3. Upon entering the property, arrive in proper uniform, crisp, clean and in good repair.
4. Hair must be clean and cut in a becoming style; management has final approval.
5. Attend all required training, safety courses; attend office and departmental meetings.
6. Report any safety hazards, follow up that hazard has been corrected, and assist with providing a safe work environment.
7. Inspect all purchases when received, insuring that quality meets standards, that quantity is as ordered and invoiced and that prices are as agreed to.
8. Assist in maintaining appropriate stock levels of all items in proper storage facilities, with appropriate sanitary conditions and under strict physical security.
9. Maintain accurate records of shelf life and advise the Food and Beverage Director and Executive Chef when items should be used.
10. Issue items to kitchen and bars based on properly prepared and signed request forms.
11. Assist the Storeroom Manager in costing out all food issues.
12. Maintain an accurate perpetual inventory of beverages on hand, recording all receipts and issues.
13. Assist the Storeroom Manager on the last day of each month, taking a physical inventory of all food and beverage items on hand.
14. Perform and follow up on any other duties as assigned by the Storeroom Manager.
SCHEDULE: variable shifts to include weekends and holidays
401K with company contributions
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Offering 250 luxurious rooms and suites, premier golf and tennis programs and an indulgent spa, Ponte Vedra Inn & Club has been the seaside destination of choice for four generations of guests. A Florida landmark since opening in 1928, the charming 300-acre resort is located in the picturesque seaside village of Ponte Vedra Beach, just 20 miles southeast of Jacksonville.
The Inn is celebrated as one of the great Florida resorts — a refuge for recreation, relaxation, romance and reflection; a family vacation favorite; and, a premier year-round option for weddings, social events, business meetings, corporate retreats and incentive outings.
Just the mere mention of the Ponte Vedra Inn & Club conjures up images of quiet opulence, stateliness and history. A Florida landmark since its celebrated opening in 1928, this 300 acre oceanfront club is a perfect refuge where world-class recreation, classic cuisine and organized activities abound. It’s here that four generations of members have delighted in the Ponte Vedra experience where social grace and casual elegance are more a way of life than a slogan.