JOB OVERVIEW: Manage accounts to achieve guest satisfaction and to solicit past and new business to ensure all revenue goals are achieved or exceeded.
REPORTS TO: Director of Sales and Marketing
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Seasoned Sales Manager, based in New York, with the ability to actively sell to not only the Tri-state area, but to also deep dive into feeder markets for new lead generation.
2. Move throughout property to conduct site inspections. Maximize revenue by selling all facets of the hotel, both orally and in written form to previous, current and potential clients.
3. Develop and conduct persuasive verbal sales presentations to prospective clients
4. Develop and maintain exceptional relationships with specified accounts to create trust, loyalty and lasting business relationships.
5. Interact with all departments in a positive and professional manner.
6. Responsible for all group segments – corporate, SMERFE and Tour.
7. Follow up on all leads within the required turnaround time as set by the company.
8. Conduct direct sales solicitation through phone calls, outside sales call, email communication, appointments and site tours.
9. Multitask with several sales functions, deadlines and responsibilities.
10. Monitors and communicates customer needs to other departments and is aware of upcoming events and/or groups in house.
11. Establish priorities set by the Director of Sales for effective time management to focus on revenue generating activities.
12. Monitor production of all specified accounts and evaluate trends within your market.
13. Travel as necessary to meet potential clients, conduct sales presentations and promote the hotel at industry related trade shows and participates in promotional activities and networking opportunities as required. Set up exhibits involving bending, stooping, lifting and reaching overhead.
14. Team player in developing marketing strategies for the Sales Team and ways to improve overall sales for all markets with his/her colleagues.
15. Assists with special projects as requested
16. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
17. Able to multi-task, prioritize and flex time schedule to meet business demands
18. Achieve weekly, monthly, & quarterly sales goals
19. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
1 years of hotel sales experience and market knowledge is preferred.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player. Knowledge of a hotel structure and how all departments interact. Ability to effectively communicate with customers in a friendly and positive manner, in order to solicit business, meet client needs and resolve complaints.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Explore the Heart of Manhattan. Make yourself at home in our boutique hotel steps away from the towering Art Deco spire of the Empire State Building. Stay in the heart of the Big Apple at Hyatt Centric 39th & 5th New York, a short walk from Bryant Park, Grand Central Terminal, and the famed marble entrance of the New York Public Library.
The hotel is your starting point in the heart of New York City. Our staff of true locals can tell you how to find some of their favorite spots to explore.
Discover 162 elegant yet individual rooms in the bustling center of Midtown Manhattan. Book a city view room within Hyatt Centric 39th & 5th New York to gaze at the city’s iconic skyline, or stretch out in a deluxe room with a private terrace. After you’ve settled in, step outside to snap a photo of the iconic stone lions at the entrance of the New York Public Library, only a three-minute walk away.
Dress up and dine in at the Northern Italian restaurant inside Hyatt Centric 39th & 5th New York, where the kitchen crafts refined pasta and regional specialties. In the evening, head to our rooftop bar to take in views of the Empire State Building as you sip craft cocktails.