posted October 13, 2019Hilton Garden Inn and Homewood Suites San Diego Downtown/Bayside
We are currently looking for a Guest Services Manager at Hilton Garden Inn and Homewood Suites San Diego Campus.
The Guest Service Manager, is responsible for all duties of the front office operation, including management of the front desk, training and employee development, delivery of quality customer service and resolution of guest issues, while maximizing room revenue and occupancy.
Key responsibilities of a Guest Service Manager include:
• Ensuring that the front desk team is checking guests in and out of the hotel in an efficient, courteous, and professional manner
• Ensuring guests’ needs and concerns are responded to in a timely, professional and friendly manner with a focus on service recovery when applicable
• Ensuring that all safety and security policies and procedures are followed and immediately correcting and reporting unsafe behavior and conditions
• Interviewing, hiring, coaching and developing team members
• Understanding of hotel and departmental service goals
• Demonstrating a proactive approach toward achievement of financial and guest service goals
• Evaluating team performance and taking appropriate corrective action as needed to hold team members accountable
• Setting goals, providing ongoing feedback, and rewarding/recognizing team members
• Preparing and adjusting weekly work schedules in accordance with staffing guidelines and labor forecasts
• Authorizing requests for personal time off, holidays for team members, schedule changes, overtime, and expenditures
• Reviewing guest comments and ensuring that problems are identified and corrected in a timely manner.
• Maintaining an efficient system of communication between the Front Office and other departments, with particular attention to guest arrivals and departures
• Completing and properly processing guest and employee accident or incidents reports
• Monitoring and maintaining the front office systems and equipment to ensure their optimum performance
• Demonstrating the Evolution Hospitality Values and Guiding Principles
The ideal Guest Service Manager possesses strong communication skills, a clear understanding of guest service in a hotel environment and demonstrate leadership abilities. The minimum qualifications for this position are:
• Must be highly organized, results oriented with the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure in a fast-paced changing environment
• Ability to handle stressful situations in a calm, professional manner and exhibit good judgment
• Must have the ability to communicate clearly and directly with guests using a positive, clear speaking voice
• Strong interpersonal skills: ability to get along with diverse personalities, tactful and flexible
• Must have excellent supervisory and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work a varied schedule that may include evenings, nights, and weekends
• Ability to effectively utilize computer software tools including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word and Excel)
• Perform other duties as assigned
An Equal Opportunity Employer
About Evolution Hospitality
Headquartered in Orange County, CA, Evolution Hospitality is one of the top privately-owned hotel management companies in the US. Evolution Hospitality has a well-defined vision, a strong sense of values and guiding principles, and a long-range, quality-minded approach to business. From unassuming beginnings with a single property, today Evolution Hospitality is recognized as a first-class operator of hotels.
We are proud to offer candidates a dynamic career, personal growth, a strong tradition of mutual trust, integrity and an opportunity to make an impact on the business. Simply put, it means that it feels a bit different to work here. We are universally driven by our fundamental values and beliefs. At Evolution Hospitality, all associates are selected and evaluated on two criteria equally: results and culture. Honesty and humility are equally important as intellect and ability, and each member of the team embraces the challenge of becoming a better human being, both personally and professionally, as part of the package. Superstars are those individuals that not only create value for the company but also genuinely embrace and live Evolution Hospitality’s unique culture.
Are you ready to evolve? If you are interested in establishing a solid career and taking giant strides in personal growth, Evolution Hospitality is just the family you’re looking for.
2137 Pacific Highway
San Diego, CA 92101
366 Room Hotel
The San Diego Bayside Campus features a brand new Hilton Garden Inn and Homewood Suites, resulting in an expansive, resort-like hotel experience. Ideally situated in the trendy urban district of Little Italy, the San Diego Bayside Campus is only two blocks from the San Diego Bay, and less than two miles from San Diego International Airport, downtown San Diego and the Gaslamp Quarter. Paying homage to the original building’s art deco architecture, the Hilton Garden Inn San Diego Downtown/Bayside and Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego Downtown/Bayside features a nearly endless list of amenities and services. Art deco inspired design on the outside leads to a modern and contemporary interior with elegant colors and stylish furnishings. Experience the best of San Diego while staying at the all-new San Diego Hilton Bayside Campus.
The pairing of Hilton Garden Inn and Homewood Suites is a match made in heaven, offering 364 total guest rooms and suites, complete with refrigerator, microwave, large flat screen TV, and Wi-Fi Internet access. Completely brand new, our rooms and suites blend modern style with ultimate efficiency. Soothing neutral tones with splashes of color create a relaxing vibe that captures the laid back nature of San Diego. Plus, with a bevy of on-site amenities and services like Pacific Standard Coastal Kitchen - a full-service restaurant, 24-hour market and business center, state-of-the-art fitness center, and even a rooftop pool and spa with scenic views, our Bayside Campus is built for the active modern lifestyle.
What would a hotel campus be without meeting space? Fortunately, our San Diego Bayside Campus features 3,800 total square feet of functional meeting space, including a spacious 2,800 square foot meeting room, perfect for up to 200 people, and two additional breakout rooms. Conveniently located less than two miles from the San Diego Convention center and near several Fortune 500 companies and government agencies, we’re the perfect San Diego meeting hotel.