Grow with us...
Life at SH is based on a simple idea: the world is beautiful and we want to keep it that way. Our industry-leading Sales & Marketing Team has become known for its ability to maximize the hotel’s profitability while delivering impeccable, perfectly-executed experiences for our guests.
1 Hotel West Hollywood in search of a zestful Director of Sales & Marketing, a demonstrated leader who isn't afraid to take calculated risks and develop solutions, a natural at relationship building, and a sharp numbers person to review/analyze department collateral, drive measurable results. They'll assist in creating a clear (and compelling) vision for the hotel, understand market-mix, and align people, structures and systems to achieve planned goals. As a member of the Guidance Team, they'll attend all executive meetings and ensure the 1 Brand and Good Natured Service standards are always upheld, without compromise. Now that’s a beautiful thing.
Our ideal Candidate:
- lead all group, transient and sales actions and maximize profit for the hotel.
- Responsible for the operations of the Sales department, including Sales budget
- Recruits for, trains and manages sales team members who will enhance the 1 Hotels culture and demonstrate functional expertise; ensuring staffing levels are appropriate to meet business demands.
- Develop positioning, rates and strategies with Revenue team
- Is responsible for achieving overall rooms revenue budget for property
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual reports and plans including marketing plan and expense budget; assists with forecasting and annual budget process
- Attends monthly / quarterly financial review meetings
- Is knowledgeable of hotel specific competitive set, recommends service, product improvements to stay competitive
- Identifies opportunities to optimize performance and create value by challenging existing processes, encouraging innovation and driving necessary change.
- Reviews shifts of market-mix with Corporate and Sales & Marketing team
- Could handle hotel specific accounts
- Incorporates marketing actions into sales activities
- Extracts and analyzes data; recommends appropriate actions
- Stays informed of market trends and introduce new products and services to drive guest engagement, increase revenue and ensure a competitive position in the market.
- Coaches departmental and sales managers to ensure goal and plan achievement.
- Trains team members; plan, assign and direct work; reward and discipline team members; address complaints and resolve problems. Provide guidance and direction to subordinates through coaching, counseling, mentoring, and reviewing performance.
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence and inspire others; advocate sound business decisions; demonstrate honesty and integrity; lead by example.
- Builds and maintain an organizational culture that maximizes employee engagement and attracts top talent.
- Actively participate in overall hotel leadership as a member of the hotel’s Guidance Team.
- Reports to the General Manager of 1 Hotel West Hollywood and Corporate Director of Sales & Marketing of SH Group. Has oversight for all Sales leaders and team members.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS REQUIRED
- A post-secondary diploma or degree in a field of study related to this profession; 4 years of experience in a comparable position and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Extensive hotel sales experience within the luxury market; demonstrated strong leadership and selling skills; and proven achievements in selling, optimizing guest and team member engagement and financial performance.
- Must possess strong presentation skills, exceptional follow-up capabilities and a strong business development acumen.
- Experience successfully leading in a fast-paced environment and prioritizing demands.
- Strong interpersonal, team member relations and leadership abilities, a flexible, dynamic and positive demeanor.
- Must function optimally in a team environment and possess strength in strategic planning.
- Well versed in Sales & Marketing and Revenue Management financial aspects
- Technically savvy and familiar with Sales & Marketing operating/budgeting systems and spreadsheets.
- Professional & appropriate business appearance and demeanor aligned with the 1 Hotel brand and culture.
- Flexibility to meet the demands of a 24-hour operation.
- Prior experience in a quality luxury hotel brand; specifically, in Sales & Marketing.
- Fluency in a second language other than English.
- Knowledge of hotel structure and interaction between departments.
- Prior experience with Delphi and HMS or similar Property Management