posted September 16, 2019AC Hotel Santa Clara/San Jose Airport
We are currently looking for a Housekeeping House Attendant to join the team at our new AC Hotel by Marriott Santa Clara.
In this very important job as the House Attendant, you’ll be responsible for efficiently collecting, sorting and cleaning laundry in order to provide high quality laundry for our guests.
Key responsibilities of a Housekeeping House Attendant include:
- Ensuring that all corridors, vending areas, elevators and landings and service areas on guest floors are always clean and presentable
- Removing and sorting trash and waste
- Vacuuming public spaces, including guest corridors
- Providing linen supplies for Room Attendants
- Stocking guest floor closets
- Delivering and retrieving items requested by guests and/or Floor Supervisor
- Reporting maintenance issues to Supervisor immediately
- Greeting guests in hallways in a pleasant and friendly manner
The minimum qualifications for the Laundry Attendant position are
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to work with a variety of cleaning chemicals
- Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy
- Ability to move throughout the hotel (standing, walking, kneeling, bending) for extended periods of time
- Ability to make repeated and continued movements of the shoulders, elbows and hands (below waist and overhead movements)
- Must be able to lift, push, and pull a moderate weight frequently
- Basic ability to comprehend English language sufficient to understand information such as labels and instructions and basic guest requests
- Previous laundry attendant experience preferred
- Must be willing and have the ability to work a varied schedule that may include early morning, evening, night, and weekend shifts
Located just five miles from San Jose International Airport and minutes from some of the most innovative companies in Silicon Valley, AC Hotel San Jose Santa Clara offers a refreshingly elegant and thoughtful experience for the modern business traveler. Blending Spanish roots and a European soul with the authentic local vibe of the rich Santa Clara Valley, the property is a sophisticated oasis away from the hustle and bustle of life. Designated as a LEED Silver Certified hotel, the property features 188 guest rooms and suites across 7 floors and includes two meeting rooms, media salons, and 5,000 square feet of outdoor gathering space. Guests will enjoy on-site parking and a sophisticated patio experience with a swimming pool, outdoor fireplace and lounge seating.
Evolution Hospitality is an Equal Opportunity Employer
One of four AC Hotels in development in Silicon Valley, AC Hotel Santa Clara/San Jose Airport will be strategically located near major tech companies such as McAfee, Intel Corporation, SAP Center and Advanced Micro Devices (AMD). San Jose International Airport will be a quick commute five miles southeast on U.S. Highway 101, and the new Levi Stadium, Santa Clara Square and Santa Clara Convention Center will also be nearby. AC Hotels, one of Marriott’s newest brands, is inspired by a European heritage with a mission to provide travelers the essentials of a uniquely different experience, simply and beautifully.