Responsible for the overall operations and sales efforts of sales and marketing. Emphasis is on attaining the hotel goals of maximum revenue and profit while providing the guest with the highest level of quality service. Develops marketing plans, sales quotas and forecasts to increase market share in all markets. Also responsible for soliciting and servicing business in the hotel in accordance with the marketing plan and assigned market segments. Generates a high profile and quality perception in the market place. Responsible for generating group guest room and Hotel revenues. Also responsible for maximizing profitability and ensuring overall guest satisfaction. Responsible for the strategy, execution and measurement of the online marketing including, but not limited to, social media, email, website, Marriott field marking, CVENT, SDTA and online advertising.
Sales Managers, Director of Catering, Catering Managers, Coordinators
Will be required to work flexible scheduled shifts based on business needs. Scheduling include nights and weekends depending on hotel events and hotel functions.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as Senior Sales Manager or Director of Sales at a full service luxury property.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a hotel leadership role.
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Extensive knowledge of San Diego market.
- Marriott and CI/TY experience preferred.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
SALES AND MARKETING
- Lead and execute all sales and marketing efforts.
- Develop, implement and maintain a comprehensive business plan that defines the hotel marketing, sales, e-commerce, social media and public relations objectives.
- Accountable for the achievement of all established goals and/or budgets relative to all market segments.
- Develop pricing and market strategies with the General Manager, Corporate VP of Sales and Director of Revenue Management constant monitoring of competition and marketplace in general; must be prepared and able to react under fluctuating market conditions.
- Prepare and execute annual marketing plan, promotion and advertising plans covering sales, catering, food and beverage events, hotel promotions, media relations as well as participating in multiple property campaigns.
- Design plans and materials for promotions and public relations.
- Meet or exceed pre-determined booking goals for guest room revenue; meet or exceed budgeted costs and revenue on a monthly average with the liberty to negotiate as needed on individual functions within established guidelines yet maintaining the overall revenue goals.
- Responsible for prompt handling of inquiry calls and monitoring the efficient flow of paperwork relative to confirming function details to the client.
- Make in-person sales calls to potential clients at their place of business on a monthly, or semi-monthly basis (as determined by management).
- Travel regularly to and from businesses of potential clients.
- Telemarket to obtain business. Also utilize site inspections and on-site luncheons to book business.
- Use qualified account reports as appropriate during sales visits with potential clients.
- Monitor pricing, service levels, facilities and function activities at competitive facilities to ensure the Hotel remains in a competitive position.
- Evaluate a potential piece of business for profitability and overall benefit to the Hotel.
- Responsible for hotel revenue management strategies and work in conjunction with Corporate Director of Revenue Manager to ensure proposed rate strategies meet the financial needs of the hotels.
- Management of event space release properly with catering and hotel business needs.
- Participate and present in monthly corporate calls to analyze monthly reports and results (Star, Pace, Forecast, P&L, Hoteligence, etc.) and to develop future selling strategies for the Hotel.
- Follows up on the progress of groups booked, such as room night pick up, rooming lists, cut off dates, etc. to ensure maximum occupancy.
- Follow up on bookings and solicit repeat business.
- Develop, implement and maintain sales, marketing and catering budget.
- Develop, implement and maintain marketing plan.new yr
- Represent hotel in community affairs and industry related events.
- Prepares periodic sales reports (Sales, PACE, Forecast, Hoteligence, etc.).
- Prepare weekly activity report to include all financial booking performance and sales and marketing. performance to the corporate office.
- Review and analyze entire RFP process for Hotel.
- Maintain digital marketing, social media campaigns, website initiatives, Marriott field marketing, CVENT, SDTA and all 3rd party websites to promote the hotel.
- Coordinate and participate in monthly sales blitzes.
- Monitors and evaluates marketing programs and all marketing personnel regarding productivity and profitability.
- Communicate sell strategies with sales and operations team.
- Be prepared for each daily activity and review any variations with management and staff.
- Work shifts are covered with adequate staff, ensure correct staffing during peak periods and high occupancy.
- Lead daily stand ups and communicate daily with department managers and MOD to assure consistency and pass on pertinent information.
- Attend daily morning EXEC meeting and communicate pertinent information.
- Consistently monitor the performance of associates on an on-going basis and provide feedback. Reward, discipline and document associate performance and provide timely counseling. Address associate complaints and resolve problems.
- Supervise the staff and handle any associate situation.
- Select qualified, goal and service oriented individuals and develop these individuals with clear guidelines to associates.
- Ensure staff is properly groomed and uniformed at all times.
- Ensure work area cleanliness is maintained at all times.
- Maintain efficiency in the operation of the staff in a high standard of quality of service and courtesy, bringing total satisfaction to our guests and the hotel.
- Maintain close control and inventory of supplies, and equipment.
- Prepare and submit accident or injury reports when needed.
- Be a Team Player and encourage the teamwork attitude among staff.
- Ensure all guests who experience a problem receive an appropriate response, any promised compensation is delivered, and an appropriate follow up in a timely and professional manner.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Hotel policy and applicable laws.
- Plan, assign and direct work of associates.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Promote open channels of communication between all hotel departments.
- Provide technical and sales expertise to Sales and Catering department
- Fostering the open channel of communication between Sales and Operations Departments.
- Participate in Hotel Lobby Host Program.
- Ensure all associates are safety conscious and trained in safe work practices.
- Have a thorough knowledge of hotel fire regulations and policy, accident reports, safety programs, and what the direct duties are in relation to each; ensure that all associates are properly trained in these procedures.
- Implement proper training program and control the training of the staff to top efficiency and in accordance with Hotel policies.
- Facilitate new hire training and onboarding.
- Facilitate departmental training modules; continually monitor, evaluate, and revise training content to reflect changes in the process; address the needs identified by associates.
- Accountable for the financial performance of the department with emphasis on achieving or exceeding of predetermined booking goals.
- Prepare and control hotel budget for sales, promotions and advertising.
- Monitor departmental, payroll and supply expenses in accordance with budgetary goals.
- Prepare 30-60-90 Day Revenue Forecast on a monthly basis for presentation.
- Answer telephone calls and handle enquiries professionally.
- Meet and greet clients upon arrival as well as on-site inspections.
- Attend daily sales briefings, weekly revenue meetings, weekly staff meetings, and monthly sales meetings.
- Prepare weekly activity report to include all financial booking performance and personal call reports for active solicitation performed.
- Prepare group proposals and contracts for clients.
- Conduct inspections of work areas regularly and address items that need attention.
- Be familiar with the operating procedures of all other areas of the hotel, cooperating fully and in a friendly manner with those areas to assure customer satisfaction.
- Determine the requirements for and the follow up on special groups, VIPs, etc.
- Follow supervisor’s instructions and complete all other duties as assigned.
SECONDARY JOB DUTIES
- Responsible for overseeing technology in the sales and marketing departments.
- Monitor physical condition of hotel and maintain quality standards of all equipment, uniforms and décor.
- Maintain active liaison with competitors regionally through personal contacts, professional and industry associations.
San Diego Hotel Company is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of medical condition or disability, please send an email to email@example.com or call 619-446-6031 to let us know the nature of your request.