NEW Element by Westin. Join the Brand New Element Santa Clara, Element believes everyone deserves to be well - no matter who they are - where they come from, or how long they’re away from home. That’s why we offer seamless and intuitive wellness, built in from the start. It isn’t to show off, it’s down to earth, thoughtful, and clean. Whether stopping by for a few days or settling in for a few weeks, time away from home shouldn’t mean time away from life. Outdoor inspired vibrant living and smart, fresh thinking.
We are currently looking for a Cook to join our Team at our Element Santa Clara property.
Key responsibilities of a Cook include:
• Preparing menu items according to standard recipe, plating and time standards
• Portioning, arranging, and garnishing food to ensure proper presentation
• Labeling and dating all food items that are prepped and/or opened from their original packaging to ensure proper rotation
• Assuming 100% responsibility for the quality of products prepared and served
• Stocking and maintaining sufficient levels of food products at work station to ensure a smooth service period
• Assisting other cooks during times of heavy business volume
• Covering breaks and assisting other kitchen areas during slow periods
• Assisting with storeroom duties as needed, such as receiving orders and rotating stock
• Maintaining professional communication with front of the house staff to accommodate all guest requests and special dietary needs
• Observing and testing food to ensure proper quality using methods such as tasting, smelling, or testing proper cooking temperature with a thermometer
• Maintaining a clean and organized work area
• Ensuring that equipment in work area is clean and in proper working condition
• Operating a variety of kitchen equipment
• Stocking, dating, rotating and checking temperatures of product
• Demonstrating the Evolution Hospitality Values and Guiding Principles
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
• Must be able to comprehend English language sufficient to understand information such as labels, instructions, and basic requests
• Must possess proficient knife skills
• Ability to use cut glove and other kitchen safety equipment
• Ability to adjust to high pressure situations and be open to change
• Ability to work where there is frequent exposure to smoke, steam, high and low temperatures and humidity
• Ability to stand, walk and move around during entire shift
• Ability to handle, carry and/or lift items weighing up to 50 pounds
• Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy
• Must be willing and have the ability to work a varied schedule that may include evenings, nights, holidays and weekends
• Must have a valid Certified Food Handlers Card
• Perform other duties as assigned.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
About Evolution Hospitality
Headquartered in Orange County, CA, Evolution Hospitality is one of the top privately-owned hotel management companies in the US. Evolution Hospitality has a well-defined vision, a strong sense of values and guiding principles, and a long-range, quality-minded approach to business. From unassuming beginnings with a single property, today Evolution Hospitality is recognized as a first-class operator of hotels.
We are proud to offer candidates a dynamic career, personal growth, a strong tradition of mutual trust, integrity and an opportunity to make an impact on the business. Simply put, it means that it feels a bit different to work here. We are universally driven by our fundamental values and beliefs. At Evolution Hospitality, all associates are selected and evaluated on two criteria equally: results and culture. Honesty and humility are equally important as intellect and ability, and each member of the team embraces the challenge of becoming a better human being, both personally and professionally, as part of the package. Superstars are those individuals that not only create value for the company but also genuinely embrace and live Evolution Hospitality’s unique culture.
Element by Westin offers the essentials of balanced travel for today’s traveler, whether it’s for a weekend getaway or a weeks-long trip. Westin’s new brand is grounded in smart, environmentally friendly thinking, from its products, services and programs to its physical spaces, with flowing, multipurpose areas that maximize space. Offering a sophisticated look and the smart design of an urban residence, Element ensures guests have what they need to be at their best.