posted October 17, 2019Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia Valley Forge
Create and maintain customer-driven hotel with a customer-keeping vision that inspires the hotel associates to do their best. Oversee the quality process to ensure customer satisfaction by consistent delivery of both product quality and service in accordance with hotel's profitability goals.
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Operations
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Perform administrative duties including: reading and writing reports, dictating memorandums and orally communicating with guests, managers, corporate office, local associations, etc. Critically review reports of occupancy, revenue etc. Make judgments and implement changes to maximize profits. Supervise development of and revision to business plan, annual budget and annual and monthly forecasts, etc. Formulate complex reports. Communicate with the public, staff, corporate office and owners.
2. Interview, hire supervise and counsel department managers in the efficient operation of their respective area(s). Meet with, develop and delegate improvement plans for operation and review performance of management team.
3. Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and approve discipline and all terminations.
4. Participate in community affairs and maintain positive public image for Crescent and hotel. Meet with potential and current clients and promote hotel.
5. Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
6. Physically tour and visually inspect property on a daily basis. Monitor cost control, property condition, cleanliness and quality of product and service throughout hotel. Greet and maintain rapport with associates and customers.
7. Travel to attend corporate meetings, sales trips and serve on committees such as Research, Development and Standards committee.
8. Appropriate handle associate issues in conjunction with Human Resources following Crescent policies.
9. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Prior experience as a General Manager preferred.
Working knowledge of financial/accounting procedures.
Ability to work AM and PM shifts, including weekends and holidays.
Ability to read, write and speak the English language fluently.
Ability to be flexible with constantly changing environment.
Brand experience preferred.
Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Self-starting personality with an even disposition.
Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times.
Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player.
Basic mathematical skills and ability to make accurate mathematical calculations.
Ability to effectively deal with guest and employee concerns in a friendly and positive manner.
Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
888 Chesterbrook Boulevard
Wayne, PA 19087
229 Room All Suite
Set in a beautiful valley just 25 minutes from downtown Philadelphia, the Embassy Suites Philadelphia Valley Forge hotel is perfect for both leisure and business travelers. Experience the local shops at the King of Prussia Mall, the largest mall on the East Coast, or enjoy a scenic walk around the Valley Forge National Historical Park.
Make us your choice among Valley Forge hotels and enjoy more space and freedom in an Embassy Suites guest suite. All suites at this Philadelphia hotel feature contemporary decor, complimentary WiFi, a private bedroom, separate living room and an LCD TV.
Host meetings in the hotel’s beautiful function spaces for convenient and successful events of up to 150 guests. Plunge into the hotel’s swimming pool, and relax on the sundeck. Stay active in the fitness center with cardio machines and a separate weight room, or go back to the basics on the jogging track adjacent to the hotel.
Enjoy a complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast every morning at this Valley Forge hotel, and unwind with complimentary drinks and snacks at the Complimentary Evening Reception. Delight in delicious contemporary cuisine at the hotel’s signature restaurant, The Grille at Chesterbrook. Relax and unwind with colleagues and friends alike at the sophisticated E Bar Lounge.