posted September 19, 2019Hyatt Herald Square New York
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
2. Provide clear direction in assigning and instructing housekeeping and laundry staff in details of work.
3. Plan, organize, and monitor staff activities to ensure compliance with quality assurance standards set by hotel, which requires continuous visual inspection of guest rooms and public space areas including restaurants, lounges, meeting rooms, etc.
4. Manage finances of housekeeping and laundry operations including budget and inventory controls. Analyze data and compile reports on expenditures, wages, labor, supplies etc. in relation to hotel financial forecasts and budget. Establish and maintain adequate supplies for efficient operation of department.
5. Distribute and delegate work load to guarantee maximum production and guest satisfaction with minimum outlay of expenses in terms of labor and materials. Monitor house count and make staffing adjustments accordingly.
6. Ensure proper usage of chemicals and cleaning supplies by monitoring usage, providing complete training for employees and ensuring proper labeling of hazardous supplies in accordance with hotel hazard communication program.
7. Plan and conduct staff meetings. Attend various other related meetings to obtain and disseminate pertinent information.
8. Evaluate condition of furniture, fixtures, decor, etc. Make recommendations and assist in the coordination of rehab projects.
9. Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
10. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
11. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player. Knowledge of basic sanitation requirements/controls and applications of relevant chemicals. Knowledge of policies applicable to housekeeping, especially those relating to safety and security of guest and hotel property. Basic mathematical skills to prepare moderately complex calculations for financial reporting. Supervisory skills to manage entire housekeeping operation. Ability to deal effectively with employees, vendors, contractors. Ability to coordinate and cooperate with other departments regarding housekeeping services/activities. Ability to stand, walk, bend, reach and move continuously to inspect rooms on all floors of the hotel. Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Located in the heart of Manhattan, Hyatt Herald Square is a chic, contemporary hotel in the world’s most vibrant city. With an infusion of style, thoughtful decor, and personalized service, our Midtown hotel’s carefully selected design blends iconic fashion with the heritage of publishing. The industrial feel and high-style elements create a fluid experience for business and leisure travelers.
Every aspect of the hotel’s design exudes a mixture of fashion and industrial newspaper printing elements, composed of bright pops of colors, glass, custom fabrics and millwork, reclaimed wood, letterpress blocks, pounded metal and other nuanced details. The lobby, adorned with the artwork of nine local artists, serves as its own destination.
The inviting lobby features several themed communal areas including an espresso bar with café counter, an on-site market for on-the-go snacks and a library-themed lounge, bar and private dining space with comfortable seating and a bookshelf. Upon arrival, hotel ambassadors will personally greet each guest and invite them to experience the lobby or head to their guestroom.
To create a seamless experience between check-in and settling in, the traditional check-in desk experience has been abandoned for a smooth, bowl-shaped desk toward the back of the lobby sitting in front of a curved metal door with embossed lettering.
Hyatt Herald Square New York offers three food and beverage outlets, each with its own distinct identity, headed up by the hotel’s Food & Beverage Director and Executive Chef Gunnar Steden. The hotel’s coffee bar, Espresso Bar, boasts locally roasted gourmet beans from Stone Street Coffee Company and offers a wide variety of barista-prepared espresso, coffee, and specialty drinks, as well as freshly baked pastries from Balthazar Bakery.