Aimbridge Hospitality is seeking a General Manager to join their team at our Hampton Inn by Hilton in Wichita, KS! Join our growing company!
The General Manager is responsible for managing all facets of the hotel to ensure efficient and profitable operation.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for completing required franchise and TMI standards training and staying current on all updates/changes to standards, policies, and processes.
• Ensures compliance with company/franchise standards for personnel administration and performance, service to patrons, and room rates.
• Delegates authority and assigns responsibility to all team members; supervises work activities of all team members.
• Ensures staff receives proper safety and standard operating training for each position.
• Allocates funds, authorizes expenditures and assists Area Director in budget planning.
• Monitors cost controls on a regular basis.
• Performs duties of a Director of Sales including making marketing calls, attending community business functions, working with travel agents and direct bill accounts and coordinating sales promotions.
• Inspects guests’ rooms, public access areas, and outside grounds for cleanliness and appearance.
• Maintain guest satisfaction by answering patrons’ complaints and resolving problems to guest specifications.
• Conducts annual wage scale surveys and ensures team member wages follow wage and salary guidelines.
• Adheres to all franchise and company procedures and regulations as well as standard operating procedures.
• Ensures bank deposits are made daily, including weekends and holidays.
• Ensures team member paperwork, work schedules and payroll are completed and submitted in a timely manner.
• Audits daily reports and processes monthly paperwork.
• Orders supplies and equipment as needed and in accordance to company procedures.
• Available 24/7 with reliable transportation.
• Directly supervises staff of hotel. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training team members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining team members; addressing team member complaints/issues.
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSURE & CERTIFICATION
• Bachelor’s degree and one to two years related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Valid driver’s license required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
• Requires the ability to read, write, and speak the English language.
• Strong management skills; ability to establish work standards and expectations for self and others; ability to appropriately assign/delegate work and authority to others in the accomplishment of goals; provides coaching, advice, and assistance as required; helps subordinates overcome obstacles and deal with problems; appropriately assesses contributions and performance of team members; provides appropriate recognition, and deals with problems as they arise. Instills in others a sense of pride in the job at hand.
• Ability to provide leadership in setting the team member’s expected performance levels. Ability to inspire, motivate and guide others toward accomplishment.
• Ability to demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness, monitors own work to ensure quality and applies feedback to improve performance.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrated positive customer service skills, and ability to relate to people of varying ages and backgrounds.
• Ability to manage difficult guest situations, responds promptly to guest needs, solicits guest feedback to improve service, responds to requests for service and assistance and meets commitments.
• Knowledge of management principles and practices.
• Knowledge of employment laws and regulations.
• Knowledge of safety management principles; federal and state OSHA regulations.
• Ability to present and express ideas and information clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to audience, whether verbal or written.
• Ability to establish courses of action for self to accomplish specific goals.
• The ability to foster commitment, team spirit and trust. Takes proactive measures to identify and prevent situations that could result in negative situations.
• Ability to establish work standards and expectations for self and others.
• Ability to develop and evaluate alternative courses of action; make decisions based on correct assumptions concerning resources and guidelines; support decisions or recommendations with data or reasoning; define and implements solutions to problems; and recognize when no action is required.
• Ability to show flexibility in response to change and adapt to and accommodate new methods and procedures.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Ability to meet the demands of the work schedule, to be at work and on time. Will require the ability to work outside of regularly scheduled hours. Schedules may vary based on business need.
Just off I-35, less than ten minutes from downtown Wichita and Mid Continent Airport, the Hampton Inn Wichita - East hotel, renovated March 2017 makes anyone's stay hassle-free. Guests check in to our hotel in Wichita, KS for clean, comfortable accommodations and a friendly welcome at a great price. Just minutes from the Intrust Bank Arena and The Waterfront shopping and dining district, visitors really are in the heart of the action.
Guests can start the day at this Wichita, KS hotel with Hampton's free hot breakfast, or pick up one of our free Hampton On the Run® Breakfast Bags, available Monday through Friday. Our Perfect Mix Lobby offers a chance to mingle, read or relax any time. Our 24-hour Suites Shop convenience store offers drinks, snacks and sundry items. We invite guests to swim in the indoor pool, soak in the hot tub or exercise in our on-site fitness center.
At Aimbridge Hospitality, bigger really is better! Now is a great time to join Aimbridge, the largest hotel management company in North America. Currently with approximately 60,000 Associates and a diverse portfolio of more than 1,400 hotels and resorts, we are continuing to grow and expand! Scale means opportunity, and here’s what that looks like at Aimbridge: