White Lodging, one of the fastest growing hotel management companies in the country, operates more than 90 premium hotels, 30 restaurants and 20 brands in 20 states. We are currently seeking energetic, ambitious, customer service driven associates to join our growing hospitality team at our Teaneck
Responsible for cleaning all dishes, glassware, cooking utensils, pots, pans and other food and beverage related items for the Kitchen, Restaurants, Banquets, IRD and the Rooms areas. Incumbents in this position operate the dishwasher, and scrub pots and restock all supplies in assigned areas of the hotel. In addition, this position conducts general cleaning duties including cleaning, mopping and scrubbing of Hot Boxes, Queen Mary’s etc. and trash removal as well as cleaning the Kitchen area (floors, walls, ceilings). During banquet events, the Stewards also assist in plating of meals and running food to the meeting space for customer events.
Requirements: MUST HAVE FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE/AVAILABLE TO WORK ANY DAY MONDAY-FRIDAY/ WEEKENDS/HOLIDAYS/ AM and or PM shifts
Provide the highest quality of service to the guests at all times and anticipate and exceed guest expectations. Know and live the mission and the White Lodging / Brand basics. Understand the hotel improvement plan.
• Assist daily pre-shift or daily drees rehearsal
• Use and store all chemicals and cleaning materials correctly. Notify supervisor when running low on supplies for ordering.
• Sweep, mop floors, wash work tables and walls of the refrigerators and other equipment assigned using designated chemicals. Ensure that the floor and work surfaces are kept free of trash, water, etc. to prevent potential accidents. Use wet floor signs, and remember to remove them once floor has dried.
• Maintain a clean and orderly work area in accordance with hotel standards. Ensure that food sanitation practices are followed. Maintain food handling and sanitation certification as required by the State and/or Brand. Follow all personal protection equipment (PPE) guidelines (gloves, goggles, aprons etc.).
• Stack glass racks and make sure racks are securely fitted on top of one another. Do not stack higher than eye level and ensure you can see ahead when pushing dish dollies and cards.
• Complete daily and weekly cleaning schedule (Rail road cleaning schedule).
• Scrape food from dirty dishes, pots and pans and wash by hand or in the dishwasher following all standards for maintenance of the machine and/or safety. Sort silverware before cleaning. Load and unload dishwasher property. Monitor wash and rinse temperatures and report any issue immediately to the supervisor.
• Follow proper food handling/holding procedures to include the maintenance of the HAACP temperature thresholds of all food products.
• Sort and store all clean china, glass, silver, chafers, coffee pots, pitchers, display pieces, platters, etc. using proper procedures.
• Keep waste and breakage to a minimum. Be careful when reaching into bus tub, as hidden items such as knives, or glass can create injury potential.
• Clean equipment using specified chemicals to ensure sanitary standards. Polish silver using machine as well as hand buffing. Perform floor scrubbing and buffing using heavy equipment. Steam clean kitchen equipment. Ensure all food holding and transport equipment is maintained and functions properly. Report any issues immediately to supervisor.
• Assist with unloading product from supply trucks. Transfer supplies and equipment between dock, storage and work areas using safe transporting procedures (do not carry heavy loads, use cart or hand truck).
• Maintain sanitation and cleanliness of all areas of dish room and kitchen aisle.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please make sure to apply directly through our website by following the link below:
Our Hotel in Teaneck NJ features stylishly updated guest rooms, dedicated concierge floors, the M Club, Pancetta Regional Kitchen + Bar, as well as an experienced sales and events team to plan and execute flawless meetings and events. Featuring 26,500 sq ft of event space, our hotel in Teaneck serves as an ideal meeting facility and wedding venue. Perfect for getaways, business meetings and lavish social events, Marriott Teaneck offers updated guest rooms and luxury suites with all the comforts of home. The ideal spot amongst hotels in Teaneck for sporting events at MetLife Stadium, the Marriott at Glenpointe is just minutes away from all the action. As a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence award winner with stylish accommodations and a health club and spa, make Teaneck Marriott the ideal choice for a hotel in Bergen County.
The Marriott Teaneck at Glenpointe is managed by White Lodging. In 1985, White Lodging started as a one-hotel company in Northwest Indiana. Today, the company is one of the hospitality industry leaders, combining development, ownership and management into one continuously growing package with 168 premium-branded, select and full service hotels in 21 states along with more than 30 restaurants, totaling nearly $1 billion in revenue. Our nearly 9,000 associates strive to maximize the value of every asset, guided by our core values of growth, accountability, ethics, impact, reliability and genuine care.
To become the most desired and highly valued developer, owner and manager of leading brand full and select service hotels in the United States.