Looking for applicants who can bring some AM pep to our Moxy Crew! Apply today!
POSITION SUMMARY The Company operates 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, so operational demands require variations in shift days, starting and ending times, and hours worked in a week.
The am Cook is responsible for preparation of quality food in safe and efficient compliance with proper food preparation and handling, policies and procedures, brand standards, and federal, state and local regulations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Lead and guide the cook staff in consistent safe and sanitary food storage, preparation and cooking. Monitor and control maintenance/sanitation of the kitchen and equipment. Adherence to all safety protocols including handling and transportation of foods and knife work.
· Recognize and follow quality standards for meats, vegetables, fruits, dairy products and grains, including proper storage of these items. Effective utilization of leftovers and control of waste.
· Understand and ability to properly use seasonings for a range of culturally diverse foods. Knowledge of common food allergens and their substitutes.
· Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when communicating with guests, vendors and associates.
· Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
· Any other tasks / duties as requested by management.
Our unique hotel pairs funk-inspired furniture with innovative amenities for your getaway to Washington, D.C. Visitors can enhance their Instagram catalog with images captured at nearby attractions including the White House, eclectic dining destinations or with the stimulating curations at the Smithsonian. Housed in our brand-new hotel, guests can fully embrace our bright and open lobby offering Plug and Meet gathering areas with ergonomic seating, large writing walls and flat-panel TVs. When hunger strikes, the bar offers a full barista station and freshly baked French pastries, shifting in the evening to feature wine by the glass, local brews and expertly crafted cocktails to pair with light appetizers and flatbreads. Guests can wrap up a long day in their stylishly chic rooms featuring furiously fast Wi-Fi, flat-panel TVs and décor that is nothing short of thoughtful and fun.