posted February 4, 2020Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Akron Fairlawn
This ten to twelve week structured program contains assignments that will provide learning objectives
that give students the opportunity to gain hands on experience in the hotel industry. The internship
exposes a student to various departments at a designated Aimbridge property or properties.
JOB DUTIES & FUNCTIONS
• OPERATIONS TRACK:
Guest Service Gold
- Learn 7 key elements of service that will leave a lasting impression on each guest.
Front Desk Representative
- Greets, registers and assigns rooms to guests.
- Promptly and efficiently deals with guests’ requests and complaints.
- Answers and routes calls as appropriate; takes guest messages with accuracy.
- Guestroom Attendant
- Cleans rooms in accordance to specific brand and company minutes per room
- Replenishes guest room supplies.
- Complete room inspections.
- Maintains cleanliness of public areas, storage areas, and parking lot.
- Replaces warn or damaged parts.
- Maintains and services pool and spa areas including testing and recording as stated by state and city regulations.
- Complete an inventory for all supplies and tools.
- Conduct preventative maintenance on guestrooms.
- Conduct safety checks.
- Understanding of company/franchise standards.
- Review hotels guest tracking reports.
- Understanding of cost controls.
- Review Daily Checklist.
- Monitor the hiring of new associates.
- Discuss daily trends with management.
- Attend a sales call.
- Works with sales team to understand department functions.
- Review hotels web site and other social media sites.
- Review hotels budget.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Working towards bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or associate’s degree (A.A.) in hospitality, hotel or tourism
management from four-year or two-year College or University; or equivalent combination of education
• Ability to present and express ideas and information clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to
audience, whether oral or written.
• Knowledge of and ability to appropriately interrupt and follow policies and procedures.
• Ability to manage difficult or emotional customer situations; includes the ability to respond promptly
to customer needs and requests for service and assistance.
• Adaptability to demanding/fast paced environment.
• Ability to meet the demands of the work schedule, to be at work and on time. May occasionally
require the ability to work outside of regularly scheduled hours. Schedules may vary based on business
Our Marriott hotel is close to many restaurants and shopping in the Fairlawn/Montrose area. Hotel guests will also be a short drive from the events at Stan Hywet Hall and Gardens, Cuyahoga Valley National Park, University of Akron & the Akron Zoo. Area businesses that are minutes from the hotel includes Goodyear headquarters, Akron General Lifestyles, Exxon Mobil, Itron & Accenture. Travelers can experience the Pro Football Hall of Fame, just 30 minutes away in Canton, Ohio. Guests will never have to worry about disrupting their daily routine when they stay with us. Our Akron hotel offers free WiFi, free hot breakfast, laundry & business center. Also guests can workout in with our 24 hour fitness facility, indoor pool & hot tub.
At Aimbridge Hospitality, bigger really is better! Now is a great time to join Aimbridge, the largest hotel management company in North America. Currently with approximately 60,000 Associates and a diverse portfolio of more than 1,400 hotels and resorts, we are continuing to grow and expand! Scale means opportunity, and here’s what that looks like at Aimbridge: