PIVOT Hotels & Resorts is one of the largest and most successful independent hotel management companies in the industry. The combined experience of our team represents a breadth and depth of expertise that is unmatched, and we believe our people are the cornerstone of our success. We are committed to making PIVOT a great place to work and provide the foundation for building successful careers. If you share our passion for delivering hospitality where details matter, apply today to join our team!
The Front Office Manager must demonstrate a commitment to customer service by soliciting and responding promptly to guest needs. Ensure all members of the Front Office staff, including new hires, are trained to meet standards of each component. Empower staff to deliver exceptional customer service, meeting or exceeding budgeted profit and margin of the department. Prepare annual departmental budget that accurately reflects the hotel's operations plan. Manage human resources functions including recruiting, selection, orientation, training, coaching, performance reviews, recognition programs, maintain a skilled and motivated workforce.
• 2+ years prior departmental management experience in front office or related disciplines.
• Time management and negotiation skills.
• Ability to manage and lead each discipline of the department independently.
• Ability to manage according to employment and Innkeeper laws of the jurisdiction.
• Prior cash handling experience necessary.
• Ability to communicate effectively with the public and other Team Members.
• Read, write and speak English fluently.
• Computer experience required. Proficient in Opera PMS, Micros & Microsoft Office
EOE AA- Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
PIVOT Hotels & Resorts is a drug free workplace. Pre-employment drug test, background check, and job assessment required
Surrounded by historic homes, lush tree-lined streets and designer boutiques with beautiful Lake Michigan just steps away, Thompson Chicago provides the ideal location to feel connected to the city we call home. The floor-to-ceiling windows in the 247 rooms and suites offer a unique vantage point to take it all in. While the jewel-toned velvet furniture accented with a color palette of muted gray and tan impart a soothing and stylish aesthetic to each of our rooms.