Are you seeking a position that is fulfilling and challenging? At Hilton Scottsdale Resort & Villas you will always be kept on your toes!
Our company offers a competitive salary, benefits, and fun working environment!
We are searching for an individual who is reliable, energetic, organized, has a strong work ethnic, and will go above and beyond to exceed customer expectations.
If you are an propelled go-getter don't hesitate this is the opportunity for you.
- Paid Vacation
- Personal/Sick Days
- Company Hotel Travel Discounts
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Discounted Bus Passes for Unlimited Usage
- Matching 401-k
What you will be doing
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Supervise the Engineering staff. Ensure new associates are equipped with the necessary knowledge and skills to achieve job expectations. Evaluate the staff’s job performance and coach and counsel as necessary. Clearly communicate to associates the standards of performance and their role in contributing to individual and team success. Ensure all required training occurs including orientation, safety, fire, alcohol awareness, food handling and blood-borne pathogen. Ensure staff compliance with internal controls, policies, procedures, standards and regulations. Insist on a work environment that is free from harassment.
- In conjunction with Engineering management, prepare and maintain schedules, logs, records and other documentation to ensure a smooth operation and minimize liabilities. Document all parts used and parts needed to be purchased.
- Prioritize Engineering service requests to ensure guest convenience, satisfaction, safety. Assign, track, monitor and perform preventive maintenance and resolve repairs in a courteous, efficient, safe manner.
- Ensure engineering and work areas are in orderly and clean condition. Ensure the staff is trained in the appropriate and proper use of engineering supplies and tools.
- Examine, test and maintain life safety systems to protect guests, employees and assets.
- Monitor and control expenses.
- Attend department meetings as scheduled.
- Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when communicating with guests and associates.
- Report any incidents of guest dissatisfaction or unusual matters of significance to management so that corrective measures may be taken.
- Comply with policies and procedures. Practice safe work habits and comply with sanitary, safety, security and emergency procedures. Write shift reports including reports on any incidents of theft, accidents or injuries when assigned.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested
The Company may consider equivalent combination of acceptable education and experience providing the knowledge, skills and abilities cited below.
- High school education plus schooling in building maintenance or related experience.
- Two or more years of related experience.
- Familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferred.