posted November 16, 2019The Westin San Diego
POSITION PURPOSE: Manage the Front Office team and operations to achieve customer satisfaction, associate satisfaction, quality service and compliance with corporate/franchiser policies and procedures while meeting/exceeding financial goals.
ORGANIZATIONAL SCOPE: Position is responsible for the short term planning and day-to-day operations of the Front Office Department. The major areas of responsibility/management include: Front Desk, Service Express (PBX), Bell Stand, Concierge, Valet and Transportation. Recommends, implements and monitors the Department's budget and manages expenses within approved budget constraints.
1. Implement company programs (IHR/Franchiser) and manage the team and operations of the Front Office (Front Desk, Service Express (PBX), Bell Stand, Concierge, Transportation, Valet) to ensure compliance with LSOPs and SOPs and to ensure an optimal level of quality service and hospitality are provided to the hotel customers and consistently strive to achieve positive Associate satisfaction through training, coaching and recognition.
2. Prepare forecasts and reports and assist in the development, implement and monitor the budget to maximize revenue and minimize expenses while ensuring adequate supplies and staff are on hand to provide top quality customer service.
3. Resolve customer complaints, anticipate potential problems by reviewing and monitoring complaints, operational issues, business flow and associate performance to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction and quality.
4. Manage the Human Resources in the department in order to attract, retain and motivate the employees; hire, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, conduct performance and salary reviews, resolve problems, provide open communication vehicles, discipline and terminate, as appropriate.
5. Liaise with the sales staff to discuss and implement sales strategies to continually improve occupancy levels and revenues.
6. Monitor and maintain the Front Office systems and equipment to ensure their optimum performance.
1. Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
2. Maintain good working relationships and open lines of communication with all other departments.
3. Perform the Manager on Duty functions as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
Education: Four year college degree or equivalent education/experience.
Experience: A minimum of three full years of full employment in a leadership role and related position with IHR or other Hotel companies. Marriott experience preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
Requires knowledge of discipline-specific Interstate policies, procedures and services and general knowledge of other departments in the hotel.
Requires supervision/management skills and ability to achieve positive associate satisfaction through training, coaching and recognition.
Ability to achieve positive guest relations and maximize guest satisfaction.
Ability to communicate in English. Second language desirable.
Ability to handle cash and credit transactions.
Ability to enforce all company rules and SOPs.
No. of employees supervised: Supervise approximately eleven to thirty employees.
Travel required: Minimal. May be required to attend supplemental Management training classes.
Hours Required: Fifty plus hours over a five day period. Day or evening shift and weekends per business demand.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
Located in the heart of downtown, we're just a short walk or trolley ride away from landmarks like the Convention Center, Little Italy, the Gaslamp Quarter, and the San Diego Zoo-plus many shopping and dining options. Guests can erase travel fatigue and feel their best with a dip in the rooftop pool or a session in the WestinWORKOUT® Fitness Studio. After a productive meeting in one of our inspiring meeting spaces, we invite our guests to celebrate with drinks at The Bar or dinner at Coast-our signature restaurant. Our 436 guest rooms and suites are designed to refresh and relax. We designed with clean lines, neutral colors, and modern amenities like HDTVs and High Speed Internet Access. The Heavenly® Bed promises a restful sleep while the Heavenly® Bath revives our guests each morning.