We are seeking a dynamic and experienced sales leader to lead the sales efforts for the hotel. The ability to proactively drive business and sales results, along with a history of successful sales experience in hospitality is required.
The development and solicitation of business from all markets to ensure the necessary advance bookings needed for a successful and profitable operation for the hotel.
REPORTS TO: General Manager
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Direct the solicitation efforts of the sales staff through effective oral and written communication while overseeing rate, date and space commitments for group room sales within the hotel.
2. Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
3. Ensure training programs are conducted regularly and Crescent standards of performance are met. Give guidance and counsel staff toward improvement.
4. Compile and/or direct the preparation of reports pertaining to the operation of the Sales Department to include, but not limited to the annual and monthly Forecast, Marketing Budget, Lead Management System, Booking Report, star reports and Sales Meeting minutes
5. Coordinate ongoing research of the travel industry to detect market trends and related information for development of new marketing strategies. Make reasonable recommendations to improve potential from various markets.
6. Develop and conduct persuasive verbal sales presentations to prospective clients. Internally promote Crescent programs.
7. Meet with and entertain clients some of which will require travel.
8. Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to the staff.
9. Initiate preparation of computerized annual Sales & Marketing Plan and execute plans as outlined, critically examining and adjusting as deemed necessary by current market conditions.
10. Organize and/or attend scheduled Sales Department and related meetings.
11. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
12. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Five years of hotel sales experience is required.
Marriott and extended-stay experience preferred.
Must have extensive experience with marketing a property.
Ability to read, write and speak the English language fluently.
Must be available to work a flexible schedule.
Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Self-starting personality with an even disposition.
Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times.
Can communicate well with guests.
Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player.
Knowledge of travel industry, current market trends and economic factors. Extensive skill in development and delivery of sales presentations.
Ability to access, understand and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers and staff, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to diffuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
Ability to stand and move throughout the hotel property and continuously perform essential job functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)