posted October 19, 2019Hyatt House Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Operations leader in training! Great Opportunity for Career Growth in Hospitality!Front Desk Supervisor / Lead
This is a great Guest Service Leadership Opportunity for someone looking to move up in the hospitality industry, as well as gain experience in a hotel opening. The Front Desk Lead / Supervisor ensures that hotel guests receive hospitable and responsive service at check-in, during the stay, and upon departure, ensuring guest satisfaction and loyalty. The Lead or Supervisor schedules, trains and coaches Front Desk Team members in handling financial transactions accurately and in maintenance of required systems and records.
Core responsibilities include:
· Accurate and hospitable handling of guest reservation, check-in, check-out, payment, including credit card and cash handling procedures
· Proficient administration of the hotel's electronic reservation system
· Prompt, friendly response to guest requests or concerns with follow-up to ensure satisfaction
· Compliance with hotel safety programs and procedures, including emergency and security systems
· Ensures that all required documentation (daily reports, checklists, etc.) are completed in a timely manner
· Ensures that new team members receive training in appropriate brand standards and in hotel procedures
· Experience in accurate cash handling and credit cards
· Experience in maintaining security of confidential information, including guest registration and credit card information
· Ability to pass certification tests required to meet brand standards
· Experience working with a computer, including data entry
· Ability to work well with others
· Customer Focus, including experience in anticipating guest needs and responding pleasantly and professionally in a variety of settings and situations
· Listening skills to ensure accurate understanding of guest wishes
· Composure to work effectively under pressure and to address and resolve guest problems or concerns
· Approachability to encourage effective communication with guests and fellow team members
· Prior experience in Hotel front desk positions required, supervisory experience preferred.
All-Suite Fort Lauderdale Airport Hotel in Dania Beach
The Hyatt House Fort Lauderdale Airport and Cruise Port hotel is located less than 5-miles from the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood Int’l Airport (FLL) and offers complimentary amenities such as: airport shuttle, hotel-wide WiFi, daily breakfast buffet, and evening manager’s receptions (M-Th). Guests enjoy our Fort Lauderdale airport hotel’s apartment-style suites, plush Hyatt Grand Beds®, and our convenient walkable setting near shopping and dining at Oakwood Plaza. We are ideally located near popular attractions like Dania Beach, Port Everglades, pristine golf courses, and the Seminole Hard Rock Casino.
Our Hyatt House hotel near the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood airport is a recipient of the Two Palm Certification for Florida Green Lodging and the 2015 TripAdvisor Hall of Fame for five-consecutive years of earning the Certificate of Excellence, as rated by our guests. We offer spacious studio and private bedroom suites ideal for over-night or extended stays featuring full-kitchens, in-suite WiFi, flat screen HDTVs, and a cozy sleeper sofa. Guests enjoy our FLL hotel’s outdoor pool and patio area, the 24-hour business center, the 24-hour fitness center, flexible event spaces, and deluxe amenities. We are minutes from Port Everglades, making us the ideal cruise port hotel for pre and post stays.
Fort Lauderdale, aka “The Venice of America”, provides countless cultural experiences and activities to enjoy. Visit one of the local dining options serving coastal favorites, tour the chic shopping districts like world-famous Los Olas Boulevard, or attend a sporting event or concert at first-class entertainment venues such as SunLife Stadium, BB&T Center, and Hard Rock Live.