posted December 23, 2019Hampton Inn Chicago/Tinley Park
Aimbridge Hospitality is seeking an Assistant General Manager to join their team at the Tinley Park Hampton Inn!
The Assistant General Manager is responsible for coordinating the activities of hotel personnel as directed by the General Manager.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• 70% Management
o Responsible for completing required franchise and TMI standards training and staying current on all updates/changes to standards, policies, and processes.
o Assigns duties to staff and observes performance to ensure adherence to hotel policies and established operating procedures.
o Directly supervises front desk staff consisting of 2-15 team members
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training team members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining team members; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
o Provides training to staff.
o Completes new hire paperwork and orientation as directed by General Manager.
o Maintains accurate records including cash flow sheet, direct bill accounts, credit card receipts, registration cards, reservation cards, direct bills, credit cards, and IRS.
o Conducts or assists in leading staff meetings.
o Adheres to all franchise and company procedures and regulations as well as standard operating procedures.
o Receives and resolves guest complaints and team member issues.
o Performs functions of the General Manager in his or her absence.
o Available 24/7 with reliable transportation.
• 30% Other Duties as assigned
o Covers shifts in all departments as scheduled by the General Manager.
o Corresponds with group and travel agents to answer special requests for rooms and rates.
o Assists with sales and marketing efforts as directed.
o Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel policies and services.
o Assists General Manager in annual wage scale surveys; ensures team member wages follow wage and salary guidelines.
o All other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSURE & CERTIFICATION
• A minimum of an Associate’s degree preferred and six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Valid Driver’s License required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
• Requires the ability to read, write, and speak the English language.
• Strong management skills; ability to appropriately assign/delegate work and authority to others in the accomplishment of goals; provides coaching, advice, and assistance as required; helps subordinates overcome obstacles and deal with problems; appropriately assesses contributions and performance of team members; provides appropriate recognition, and deals with problems as they arise. Instills in others a sense of pride in the job at hand.
• Ability to demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness, monitors own work to ensure quality and applies feedback to improve performance.
• Ability to manage difficult guest situations; responds promptly to guest needs, solicits guest feedback to improve service, responds to requests for service and assistance and meets commitments.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrated positive customer service skills, and ability to relate to people of varying ages and backgrounds.
• Ability to show flexibility in response to change and adapt to and accommodate new methods and procedures.
• Knowledge of safety management principles; federal and state OSHA regulations.
• Ability to present and express ideas and information clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to audience, whether oral or written.
• The ability to foster commitment, team spirit and trust.
• Ability to develop and evaluate alternative courses of action; make decisions based on correct assumptions concerning resources and guidelines; define and implements solutions to problems; and recognize when no action is required.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Ability to meet the demands of the work schedule, to be at work and on time. Will require the ability to work outside of regularly scheduled hours. Schedules may vary based on business need.
We're 25 miles from downtown Chicago and easily accessible from the Metro station less than five miles away. Old-fashioned street lights shine downtown. Public benches painted by local artists decorate the sidewalks near our hotel. Travelers can spend the day at Odyssey Fun World, an attraction for children of all ages featuring mazes, slides and games. They can then, attend a concert at Hollywood Casino Amphitheatre, the state's largest covered outdoor music theater.
Guests can start their day right with Hampton's free hot breakfast. Even those in a rush don't need to miss the most important meal of the day. On their way out, guests can simply grab one of our free Hampton On the Run® Breakfast Bags, available Monday to Friday. After a long day, visitors can rest in a clean and fresh Hampton bed ® at our Tinley Park, IL hotel.
At Aimbridge Hospitality, bigger really is better! Now is a great time to join Aimbridge, the largest hotel management company in North America. Currently with approximately 60,000 Associates and a diverse portfolio of more than 1,400 hotels and resorts, we are continuing to grow and expand! Scale means opportunity, and here’s what that looks like at Aimbridge: