This is a career opportunity with Interstate Hotels & Resorts.
JOB TITLE: Director of Marketing
REPORTS TO: Managing Director
BASIC PURPOSE: To manage the marketing of the hotel to achieve optimal occupancy and use, maximizing revenue and meeting/exceeding hotel profit objectives.
ORGANIZATIONAL SCOPE: Position is responsible for short and long term planning and day-to-day operations of the hotel marketing division. Recommends the marketing, advertising and sales plans and programs; manages within approved plans, budgets and forecasts.
1. Cultivate and continually enhance relationships with corporate, business, travel industry, community organizations, professional associations, media, and etc. Proactively engage current and potential clients to maintain and increase awareness of the hotel and our market share through meeting our standard IHR sales goals based on the needs of the property requiring task:
2. Prepare, analyze and review forecasts, statements and reports with the General Manager to determine if the plans and programs are producing the optimal amount of revenue.
3. Survey, review and analyze competition, market trends, customer needs and comments in order to develop new plans and programs and determine the potency of current plans and programs.
4. Train all members of the hotel staff on how to recognize and capitalize on all sales opportunities to increase hotel occupancy and revenue.
5. Manage department and mandate standardized marketing practices, including but not limited to Daily Business Review, Weekly Yield and Sales Meetings, One-on-ones, Monthly SMART Plans, and consistent training.
6. Manage all facets of the Strategic Marketing Plans effectively and efficiently while making recommendations for improvements and keeping the information updated regularly.
1. Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
2. Inventory sales collateral, web presence and social media requirements.
3. Audit rates to insure they are loaded correctly and we are maximizing revenues.
Knowledge and Skills:
Education: Four year college degree or equivalent education/experience.
Experience: Five years within the hotel Sales & Marketing discipline and multiple brand experience. Department head (ie.- Director of Marketing) position for at least three years.
Skills and Abilities:
Requires advanced knowledge of the principles and practices within the sales/marketing/hospitality profession. This includes experiential knowledge required for management of people, complex problems and efficient marketing activities. This position requires the ability to work autonomously and with little supervision as well as adjusting to various management styles.
Make decisions within the standards of the position which can impact more than one department, but usually not more than one hotel. Only general policies and procedures are available for guidance and superior is kept informed only of general direction success of project and assignment.
Requires studying, analyzing and interpreting complex activities or information in order to improve new practices or develop new approaches.
Must possess highly developed communication skills to frequently negotiate, convince, sell and influence other managerial personnel, hotel guest(s) and/or corporate clients.
Be extremely knowledgeable with IHR systems - inet, IHR1 and Delphi in effort to educate staff and to use the tools successfully.
Maintain a high level of brand knowledge (Marriott, Hilton, Starwood, IHG and etc) including systems, brand marketing opportunities, sales culture and etc.
No. of employees supervised: one to five
Travel required: Domestic travel required based on assignment on a weekly basis.
Hours Required: Forty to fifty hours over a five day period.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
Nestled in the charming town of Yountville in the renowned Napa Valley wine region, The Estate is a luxe new lifestyle destination and playground for the senses, set on a lush and luring 22-acre village-within-a-village. The first of its kind, The Estate has redesigned the wine country experience in a very vino-cultured way spilling out its contemporary elegance and a zesty modern vibe across an interconnected retreat accentuated by two luxury hotels with decidedly difference personalities - the sinfully good and oh-so-social Hotel Villagio, and its sophisticated counterpart, Vintage House, a stylish and serene sanctuary. Arrayed around the hotels, swish pool zones, a luxurious spa and a walkable collective of vintners, dining, shopping, and entertainment options inspired by Yountville's star-studded reputation.
Culture vultures and savvy travelers will have their pick of stays to fit their whims, their vibe, or their travel companions, surrounded by an amply-endowed enclave of style-wise accommodations and splendid relaxation - taste and tastings. Flanking Main Street over multiple blocks, The Estate is a stone's throw from some of the country's finest dining options - Yountville is a super-nova of star-studded chefs.
Meaning days find guests soaking up the California sun from a poolside cabana before sampling wine from a local vintner, then snagging a table at one of the town's many sought-after restaurants before returning to a room or suite designed as a haven in its own right. Whatever is on the agenda, The Estate invites guests to explore the Valley in a worldly way - indulging in a bespoke itinerary from a luxurious basecamp that showcases Napa's deep-rooted culture and heritage, while reinventing wine country hospitality in an authentic, modern and unprecedented way. Welcome to a grand exploration, the alluring centerpiece of Yountville - a place where splendid relaxation meets exceptional taste, and every detail is thoughtful. This is The Estate.