Opportunity: General Manager
The General Manager will manage hotel operations to maximize profits and achieve the highest level of guest satisfaction. This role will require someone who can lead a team, has high attention to detail, and will curate guest experiences by being an ambassador of the neighborhood.
Potential Career Path
Area General Manager – Regional Director of Operations – Vice President of Operations
Essential Job Functions
- Interview, select, train, schedule, coach and support associates, ensuring they perform in accordance with established brand or hotel standards and consistent with HHM core values.
- Tour and visually inspect property on a daily basis. Monitor cost control, property condition, cleanliness, quality of product, and service throughout hotel.
- Supervise development of and revision to business plan, annual budget, financial reports and annual and monthly forecasts that clearly explain operational effectiveness, trends and variances.
- In conjunction with sales leader, develop and implement sales and marketing plans.
- Critically review reports of occupancy and revenue, partner with revenue management professionals to analyze trends and implement changes to maximize room revenue.
- Maintain positive rapport with associates and customers and communicate regularly with the public, staff, corporate office, and owners.
- Handle associate issues appropriately and in conjunction with human resources following HHM policies.
- Participate in community affairs and maintain positive public image for HHM and hotel.
- Ensure safety practices and procedures are followed and proper emergency and security procedures are maintained.
- Travel to attend corporate meetings, sales trips and serve on committees.
- Monitor quality assurance scores and/or guest feedback and communicate to and train associates accordingly.
- Create specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, and timely action plans to drive culture of guest service and above average GSS score and remedy guest service deficiencies.
- Oversee sales department operations, and regularly participate in sales calls/client visits.
- Participate in Chamber of Commerce and local associations to network with members of the neighborhood/community.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Hospitality or a related field.
- Previous hotel management experience required.
Work Environment and Context
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 25 pounds, bending and reaching, stooping, using fingers and hands, kneeling, or crouching.
- Occasional travel required.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It