posted February 21, 2020Hyatt Regency Sonoma Wine Country
BASIC PURPOSE: Plan and manage the Restaurant(s), Room Service and Banquets (s) in order to achieve customer satisfaction, quality service, compliance with corporate/franchise policies and procedures and federal, state and local regulations while meeting/exceeding financial goals.
ORGANIZATIONAL SCOPE: Position is responsible for the short term planning and managing the operations of the Restaurant(s), Room Service, and Banquet (s). Recommends promotional ideas and procedural changes. Prepares forecasts, implements, monitors and controls the budgets for the various outlets.
1. Train and assist outlet managers with managing the Human Resources in the various outlets in order to attract, retain and motivate the employees; hire, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, conduct performance and salary reviews, resolve problems, provide open communications and recommend discipline and termination, as appropriate.
2. Implement company programs (IHR/Franchiser) and manage the operations of the Restaurant(s), Room Service and Banquet (s) to ensure compliance with LSOPs and SOPs, safety regulations and all other federal, state and local regulations to ensure an optimal level of service, quality and hospitality are provided to guests. (20%)
3. Forecast, implement, monitor, control and report on the various outlet budgets and their components (labor costs, food costs, beverage costs, supplies, equipment, etc...) to maximize revenue and minimize expenses while ensuring adequate supplies and staff are on hand to provide top quality customer service. (15%)
4. Create, recommend and manage the implementation of promotions, displays, buffet presentations and other ideas within corporate guidelines to capture more in house guests and a larger share of the local market. (15%)
5. Respond to customer trends, needs, issues, comments and problems to ensure a quality experience and enhance future sales prospects. (10%)
6. Monitor and control the maintenance/sanitation of the various outlets and equipment to protect the assets, comply with regulations and ensure a safe work environment. (10%)
NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (5%)
1. Execute and promote the Accident Prevention Promotion to minimize occurrences of accidents.
2. May assume the responsibilities of the Director of Food & Beverage in his/her absence.
3. Perform special projects & other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as required.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: Four to five years of employment in a related position with this company or other organization(s)
Skills and Abilities:
Requires advanced knowledge of the principles and practices
within the food & beverage/hospitality profession. This includes experiential knowledge required for management of people, complex problems and food and beverage management.
Ability to analyze activities or information and arrive at logical conclusions. Requires supervisory/management communication skills.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
Travelers can experience our brand new lobby and our newly transformed guest rooms. Guests will savor the romance and charm of a Tuscan villa set in the heart of Santa Rosa, California, at Hyatt Regency Sonoma Wine Country. If visitors are in search of the perfect Sonoma County event venue, they should look no further than Hyatt Regency Sonoma Wine Country. Our hotel in Santa Rosa Sonoma County hotel is the perfect place for any upcoming business trip or vacation.
What Guests Love: