Inspiring others to do their best each day!General Manager
The General Manager (GM) will lead an experienced staff and an engaged hotel team in providing hospitality to guests in a clean, safe, and properly maintained hotel. The GM operates the property as a profitable enterprise, leading the staff as manager, coach and trainer in the proper execution of Front Desk, Housekeeping, Laundry, Facility and Guest Service standards. The GM will lead the team to accomplish financial and operational results, communicating feedback, evaluating performance, and training the team in successful operation of the hotel.
Core Responsibilities Include:
• Leads the property in generation of revenue through sales and marketing efforts at the property level and in coordination with company and external brand resources, participating in sales calls and site visits in a revenue leadership role
• Maintains strong knowledge of and relationships in the local market, including demand generators, competitor strategies, and community impact opportunities. Manages relationships with hotel vendors, negotiating service agreements as appropriate
• Reviews financial reports and statements to understand property’s performance versus budget and expenses. Works to determine areas of concern and develops strategies to improve performance
• Coaches and supports hotel team to effectively manage occupancy and rates, wages and controllable expenses. Strives accomplish financial goals simultaneously with superior guest and team member satisfaction.
• Manages costs within the hotel, including supplies, utilities, labor expenses to within budgeted parameters, combining with sales/revenue acumen to deliver an efficient and profitable operation.
• Hires team members who demonstrate strong functional expertise, creativity and leadership to meet the business needs of the operation.
• Supports the team’s skill proficiency and professional development through appropriate training and feedback. Ensures service, technical skills and other training occurs throughout the property to support successful daily operations.
• Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with direct reports and team members; Fosters team member commitment to providing exceptional service
• Demonstrates and communicates drivers of guest satisfaction; ensures core elements of service strategy are in place to produce the desired results
• Is highly visible and interfaces with customers on a regular basis to obtain feedback on quality of product, service levels, and overall satisfaction
• Analyzes any service issues and identifies trends. Facilitates the development of creative solutions to overcome obstacles and ensures implementation to continually improve guest satisfaction results
• Ensures that building is well maintained and that operational areas have an atmosphere that meets or exceeds guest expectations
• Inspires and motivates teams to achieve operational excellence; Makes key decisions, removes obstacles to success, and ensures adequate resources are available to achieve business results
• Creates a synergistic team and work environment that consistently delivers positive results and continuously strives to improve these results
• Ensures property is a safe and secure facility for guests and team members
Discover a new standard at the Hilton Garden Inn Burbank Downtown hotel. Find yourself in the heart of the media industry and downtown Burbank, moments from popular attractions. Located near Hollywood Burbank Airport and downtown Los Angeles, we are close to Warner Bros. Studios, NBC Studios, Nickelodeon Studios and Walt Disney Studios. Explore Harry Potter World at nearby Universal Studios Hollywood or spend a day at Six Flags Magic Mountain. Our hotel is convenient to the Los Angeles Botanical Garden and Zoo, WB VIP Tours, Rose Bowl, Griffith Park Observatory and IKEA and Hollywood Bowl.
Each guest room and suite features timeless décor, one-of-a-kind wood floors, complimentary WiFi, and an HDTV. Take in iconic views of Burbank from one of our spacious corner studio suites. Go for a swim in our outdoor pool and whirlpool or break a sweat in our fitness center. We also offer a business center, 24-hour Pavilion Pantry® and outdoor seating area. Indulge on some of the tastiest cuisine in the city at The Garden Grille with full breakfast and dinner daily. Planning a wedding or business meeting? We offer 1,108 sq. ft. of flexible event space, perfect for your next event.