posted February 11, 20201 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge
Work effectively as part of the outlet service team, primarily responsible for, but not limited to, fulfilling guest service needs and completion of all tasks related to proper delivery of food from the kitchen to the guest, assisting with overall service of the restaurant and performing side duties.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Anticipate and understand guests’ service needs, ascertain satisfaction, and respond urgently and appropriately to guest concerns and requests.
• Greet, welcome and acknowledge all guests by name and respond to their requests in a courteous and professional manner using professional language at all times. Remain attentive to the needs of all guests, providing them with dependable, punctual and enthusiastic service. Provide courteous, friendly and efficient service to all internal and external guests. Thank guests with genuine appreciation.
• Consistently conduct oneself in a professional manner at all times and work professionally with colleagues and team leaders with a team minded approach.
• Attend pre-shift meetings to learn shift details, including property and guest expectations.
• Attend and participate in all required meetings.
• Answer guest questions on menu selection and/or ingredients. Must have complete knowledge of service time, menu, and daily specials.
• Place requisitions for food supplies.
• Maintain cleanliness of tabletop and service pace in delivering food from the kitchen to the guest’s table and ensure food quality and presentation.
• Confirm accuracy of order and deliver items in a timely fashion. Serve food and beverage to guests ensuring correct item is placed in front of correct guest.
• Assist servers with any tableside presentation.
• Check in with guests to ensure satisfaction.
• Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of work areas practicing “clean as you go” while avoiding breaking and reporting all breakage incidents.
• Adhere to no solicitation of gratuities policy.
• Input real-time work orders via HotSOS and any guest concerns during interaction. Convey with clarity in HotSOS any and all guest opportunities.
• Perform any other reasonable duties as requested by the leadership team.
• Identify opportunities to optimize performance and create value by challenging existing processes; encouraging innovation and driving necessary change.
• Be a clear thinker, analyze and resolve problems, exercise good judgement, resolutions must be thoughtful, and with the guest in mind. Immediate follow-up with a leader is expected.
• Establish and maintain open, positive, collaborative, and professional internal and external relationships. Develop lasting relationships with guests and to secure repeat business. Foster and promote a cooperative working environment, maximizing efficiency and delivering the ultimate guest experience.
• Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries; complete safety training and certifications; properly store flammable materials.
• Ensure compliance with hotel policies, procedures, and standards with self and colleagues.
• Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional.
• Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information.
• Embody the 1 Hotels Vision, Mission and Compass; deliver on Our Promise, provide Good-Natured Service and uphold our Brand Pillars.
Reports to outlet leadership team.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
• Previous food and beverage service experience.
• Excellent communication and listening skills. Ability to clearly and effectively communicate in English with service team and present specific culinary and wine information to guests. Ability to speak effectively before groups of guests or team members and ability to respond to and creatively resolve guest inquiries and complaints.
• Ability to read and understand documents such as safety rules, menus, amenity lists, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
• Must be able to write legibly (ie taking orders, tracking).
• Ability to learn and work with technology including devices such as computers, iPods and iPads.
• Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations.
• Excellent guest service skills.
• Ability to follow directions and work in a team environment.
• Ability to remain flexible and adaptable.
• Must possess a high quality, detailed and service work ethic.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to follow all food and safety regulations and property standards.
• Professional & appropriate business appearance and demeanor aligned with the 1 Hotel brand and culture.
• Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Carry trays up to 25 pounds with one hand. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
• While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to stand; use hands/fingers; to handle, or feel objects, reach with hands and arms, talk, hear, taste & smell. The team member is frequently required to walk, kneel, or crouch and must possess the ability to stand for long periods (more than 8 hours).
• Flexibility to meet the demands of a 24-hour operation. Due to the nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules, including holidays and weekends to accommodate the business and demands of the property.
• Food Handling Certificate
• TIPs Certification