Making savory dishes with a smile!Cook
Core Responsibilities Include:
- Prepares food for the restaurant on property, banquets and special functions and at a high quality.
- Properly and efficiently prepare and present all food items to be served, including accommodating special guest requests.
- Rotate food in walks ins and freezers to minimize waste and spoilage.
- Maintain internal cleanliness of all food prep areas.
- Assist, as directed, ordering necessary food supplies.
- Follow all specifications and to properly set up hot and cold line stations.
- Communicate all guest requests to an appropriate person (or supervisor) in a timely and professional manner.
- Be able to read, understand and produce in a timely manner.
- Immediately report all suspicious occurrences and hazardous conditions.
- Maintain cleanliness and safety of work areas at all times.
- Practice safe work habits at all times and to avoid injury to self and others.
- Comply with company and departmental safety rules and regulations, including proper handling of all relevant equipment and machinery.
- Perform all other tasks, including cross-training as directed.
We are conveniently situated in downtown near Baltimore Inner Harbor, Johns Hopkins Hospital and the Hippodrome Theatre for your business or sightseeing pleasure. After taking in the local attractions, set the stage for rejuvenation at our extended-stay hotel. We provide complimentary breakfast and Wi-Fi to make you feel at home. Stay active during downtime at our 24-hour fitness center, or keep up with tasks in our business center. At the end of the day, rest easy in our newly renovated suites with plush bedding and spacious workstations. Our rooms come complete with fully equipped kitchens and room service from 17 Lights Restaurant and Lounge, making eating in a breeze. Throughout your stay, keep your four-legged friend by your side, courtesy of our pet-friendly policy.