The Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown Hotel is currently seeking a full-time Food & Beverage Ambassador! This position is responsible for performing supervisory functions in the Food and Beverage departments, serving patrons according to established rules of etiquette, providing prompt and professional service to all customers and practicing all established control systems.
The F&B Ambassador will be required to work day/and or evening shifts, weekends and holidays. Some overtime may be required based on business needs.
- Accountable for guest contact relations.
- Check function rooms prior to guest arrival, greet guests and receive last minute instructions.
- Present guest billings, process payments, obtain comments by speaking with the guest, and record findings on the captain’s report. Adhere to payment, cash handling and credit policies.
- Anticipate Guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all Guests, however busy.
- Maintain positive Guest relations at all times.
- Interact in courteous and professional manner with Guests.
- Make all necessary arrangements prior to function, review function order and changes, prepare linen requisition, ensure steward has provided the correct quantities of flatware, plates, glassware, etc., check beverage arrangements, prepare a setup list for servers, check with the Catering office regarding setup time and check equipment supply.
- Responsible to review the change sheet for each event.
- Responsible for holding a pre-function meeting on all social events to discuss menu, service details and section assignments
- Inspect servers, assign server stations, check room readiness (heat and light), review with the Chief Steward and Banquet Setup staff the setup sheet, inspect all tables, bars, bartenders, and buffet line.
- Responsible for identifying the on-site contact for each event and introduce him/herself prior to each event and briefly go over the event with the contact.
- Responsible for communicating with the kitchen on counts and any changes for each event prior to dish up.
- Assist with the service of banquet events as needed.
- Open wine/champagne bottles and serve in accordance with banquet standards.
- Make all varieties of coffee in accordance with banquet standards.
- Serve all food courses and non-alcoholic beverage items to the Guest in accordance with standards.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of assigned station and service areas.
- Clear each course following banquet procedures.
- Remove soiled wares from tables as assigned and transport to dish washing area.
- Assist with opening and closing duties as needed.
- Responsible for writing a captain’s report for each event.
- Closing Captain is responsible for preparing the banquet spreadsheet.
- In the absence of the banquet set up supervisor and banquet manager, the captain designated on the schedule as set up supervisor will be responsible to oversee that set up staff and check all rooms for completion and proper set up.
- Responsible for the overall appearance and proper set up of all banquet rooms on a daily basis.
- Assign rooms and set up assignments to all set up staff members each shift.
- Check each area of each meeting room to see that it meets all standards and all requirements of the contract, paying special attention to all small details, e.g., walls, carpet stains, matching silverware, chipped or cracked china and glassware, and cleanliness of all china, glassware and linens prior to leaving each night.
- Responsible to communicate clearly with the day captain about any shortages of equipment the night before so that it may be put in place prior to the start of any meeting the next day.
- Assist with training banquet service and setup staff through participative supervision.
- Provide sample setups, assign side work in stations.
- Provide assistance and supervision during meal service. Control servers, table clearing and tray breakdown.
- Responsible for linen use and handling procedures.
- Responsible for enforcing all associate policies in accordance with the employee handbook in the absence of the banquet manager, and to report all infraction of policies immediately to the banquet manager when present.
- Discipline and document associate counseling as needed.
- Assist the Banquet Manager in the writing of associate evaluations.
- Interact with people beyond giving and receiving instructions, particularly in resolving Guest complaints.
- Attend daily and weekly meetings in the absence of the banquet manager.
- Follow maintenance program and cleaning schedule.
- Promote open channels of communication between all hotel departments and the banquet department.
- Be familiar with the operating procedures of all other areas of the hotel, cooperating fully and in a friendly manner with those areas to assure customer satisfaction.
- Attend department and inter-departmental meetings.
- Notify management of any pertinent information related to shift activities.
- Assist with turning over banquet rooms from one group to another.
- Driving catering van off site as functions required.
- Be knowledgeable in all hotel emergency procedures.
- Ensure total guest satisfaction.
- Assist with outside catering orders.
- Follow supervisor’s instructions and performs other duties as developed, directed or assigned.
- Must have 3-5 years banquet experience.
- 2 years supervisory experience as a banquet captain preferred.
The Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown has been awarded the gold level New Mexico Family Friendly Business Award! What does this mean? This means that we offer a host of employee and family friendly benefits to our associates! Some of those benefits include:
- -A first-class salary and superior benefit packet
-Medical (two options) with vision
-401(k) with 3% company match
-Voluntary Term Life Insurance (self, spouse/domestic partner, and children)
-Paid time off (vacation, sick, personal, and personal/medical leave time)
-Free non-slip shoes (two free pair per year!)
-Progressive yet fun workplace
-Positive associate relations
-Associate recognition and events, incentives and rewards
-Major hotel discounts at over 7,000 hotels worldwide
-Other company discounts
This position will require a criminal background check and credit check. A drug screen is also required.
Our company participates in E-Verify.
The Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown provides equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know the nature of your request.