Overview of the Director of Rooms Position
Oversee the activities of rooms departments including Telephone, Housekeeping Services, Front Office, Concierge and Guest Services. Maximizes profitability as well as guest and team member satisfaction. Implements and oversees the daily quality process at the hotel.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Implement and manage hotel’s daily quality process including goal communication, associate improvement, compliance with Crescent standards of product and performance, service recovery and problem resolution. Disseminate feedback from comment cards, guest satisfaction and service failure measurements and coach accordingly.
2. Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
3. Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
4. Assign and instruct Rooms Division Department Managers in details of work. Observe performance and encourage improvement. Monitor hotel occupancy and make staffing adjustments accordingly. Supervise and review cost and inventory controls.
5. Field guest complaints, conducting thorough research to develop the most effective solutions and negotiate results. Prepare written correspondence to guests. Listen and extend assistance in order to resolve problems such as price conflicts, insufficient heating or air conditioning, etc. Remain calm and alert especially during emergency situations and heavy hotel activity. Plan and implement detailed steps or problem resolution by using experienced judgment and discretion.
6. Supervise the budgeting, forecasting, training, motivating and staffing of the Rooms Department including: Telephone, Housekeeping Services, Front Office, Concierge and Guest Services.
7. Prepare Forecast expenses and actual results for the Rooms Division revenue and expenses. Review Security logs daily for significant incidents, and coordinate with department heads all enforcement of policy and/or improvements in service needed.
8. Work closely with the General Manager in establishing and monitoring policies and guidelines in the day to day operation of the hotel to ensure profitability and consistency. Solve problems of detail that come up in the course of the work.
9. Plan, organize, chair, attend and/or participate in various hotel meetings such as: Staff Meetings, Rooms Division Meetings, Executive Committee Meetings, Quality Teams Meetings, etc.
10. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
11. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Requires substantial and successful track record in hotel operations
Minimum ten years hotel experience required including seven years of supervisory experience.
Must have previously held an Executive Committee position.
Practical knowledge in the application of a personal computer for the purpose of storing, developing, and analyzing information.
Requires the exercise of considerable managerial skills as position involves frequent decisions, meeting of deadlines, negotiations of contracts of vendors, analytical ability and the planning, organizational development, and coordination of large scale work projects.
Demonstrated ability to initiate, complete and finish tasks and projects.
Ability to provide focus, counsel and direction to all direct reports and managers.
Ability to deal effectively with internal and external team members, who may require a high level of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, resolve conflicts and collect accurate information when providing positive and proactive solutions.
Complex mathematical skills and considerable skills in the use of a calculator to prepare complex mathematical calculations without error (i.e. budgets, forecasting, etc.).
Ability to effectively communicate in English with employees and customers, understand reports and related correspondence, and accurately perform all essential job functions.
Ability to develop and implement improvement programs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
HALL Arts Hotel offers the perfect blend of art and the services and luxuries of an upscale boutique hotel in the heart of the Dallas Arts District. With surrounding views of Pritzker Prize-winning architecture, such as the Winspear Opera House and Wyly Theatre, HALL Arts Hotel provides a unique opportunity to stay in the cultural center of Dallas.
HALL Arts Hotel will be the preeminent luxury hotel in Dallas, with uncompromising class and exceptional elegance.
Hotel features include: