Complies with all guest service basics such as uniforms, name tags and proper guest greeting. Knowledgeable on hotel facilities and services to assist guests as appropriate. Ensures all communication containing Company, hotel, brand and guest information is consistent with privacy policies, practices and regulations. Impresses guests with quality and timely service in a pleasant and friendly manner.
Essential Functions Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sort and rinse dirty dishes, glass, tableware and other cooking utensils and place them in racks to send through dish machine.
- Sort and stack clean dishes. Carries clean dishes to cook’s line and other proper storage areas. Rewashes soiled dishes before delivering.
- Change dishwater in dish machine every hour.
- Wash pots, pans and trays by hand.
- Remove trash and garbage to dumpster.
- Set up or break down dishwashing area.
- Clean and roll/unroll mats.
- Fill/empty soak tubs with cleaning/sanitizing solutions.
- Sweep/mop floors.
- Assemble/disassemble dish machine.
- Sweep up trash around exterior of restaurant and garbage dumpster.
- General restaurant and restroom cleaning as directed.
- Wipe up any spills to ensure kitchen floors remain dry and clean.
- Must notify Manager any time dish machine wash or rinse cycle falls below safety standard temperatures.
- Never touch dirty dishes before touching clean dishes without washing hands first.
- Observe adherence to all safety protocols including correct use of clean supplies.
- Ensure maintenance problems are promptly reported to Engineering through proper channels.
- Respond to guest requests, concerns and problems to ensure guest satisfaction.
- On time and at work when scheduled, and in proper uniform.
- Attend department meetings as scheduled.
- Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when communicating with guests and associates.
- Report any incidents of guest dissatisfaction or other matters of significance to manager so that corrective measures may be taken.
- Comply with policies and procedures.
- Practice safe work habits and comply with sanitary, safety, security and emergency procedures.
- Write shift reports including reports on any incidents of theft, accidents or injuries when assigned.
- Check with manager before leaving work area for any reason.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
- Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
- Any other tasks/duties as requested by management.
Qualifications The Company may consider equivalent combination of acceptable education and experience providing the knowledge, skills and abilities cited below.
Education and Experience
- High school education or equivalent experience
- One or more years of related experience
- Familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of kitchen sanitation and proper use of equipment and supplies.
- Ability to compile facts/figures in a timely manner; identify, investigate, and resolve matters.
- Attention to details, good organizational skills and efficient time management.
- Ability to follow an appropriate course of action based on policies and procedures.
- Display effective listening and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while simultaneously handling competing and changing priorities.
- Ability to satisfy the legal requirements for employment within the jurisdiction.
Working Conditions & Physical Effort
Physical work is a primary part of job. Work is normally performed in an interior hotel environment with equipment and machines. The work involves exposure to extreme temperatures, chemicals, dirt, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises. The exposure to hazards or physical risks requires following basic safety precautions and use of applicable protective equipment. Physical requirements include extended standing and walking, climbing, bending, reaching, pulling, pushing, kneeling and lifting up to 30 pounds frequently; 150 pounds up to two times per shift, with assistance. While performing job duties, the associate is required to speak, listen and write. The job requires close vision with or without corrective lenses. This position may be required to operate a motor vehicle.
- Walks and stands during entire shift.
- Lift and carry racks or stacks of dishes, glassware and other utensils, weighing up to 30 lbs., up to 50 times per shift.
- Lift and empty trashcans weighing up to 150 lbs., with assistance, up to two times per shift.
- Frequent bending, stooping, reaching, pushing and lifting.
- Work indoors 80%; outdoors 20%.
- Work in a hot, damp environment.
- Hazards include, but are not limited to, cuts from broken glass and metal cans, burns, slipping and tripping.
- Frequent washing of hands.
Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. This employer participates in E-Verify.
This employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, If necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Important: If the Government cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to provide you written instructions and an opportunity to contact SSA and/or DHS before taking adverse action against you, including terminating your employment.
Employers may not use E-Verify to pre-screen job applicants or to re-verify current employees and may not limit or influence the choice of documents presented for use on the Form I-9.
In order to determine whether Form I-9 documentation is valid, this employer uses E-Verify’s photo screening tool to match the photograph appearing on some permanent resident and employment authorization cards with the official U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services’ (USCIS) photograph.
If you believe that your employer has violated its responsibilities under this program or has discriminated against you during the verification process based upon your national origin or citizenship status, please call the Office of Special Counsel at 1-800-255-7688 (TDD: 1-800-237-2515).
I hereby acknowledge that I have reviewed this position description, and that I am able and willing to perform all duties as required.