We are seeking someone who is interested in advancing their career in Hotel Engineering!
The Assistant Chief Engineer is responsible for maintaining all equipment, systems and building components, including, but not limited to, mechanical and electrical systems, pumps, HVAC, refrigeration, plumbing, locks, furniture, paint, wall coverings, tile and other equipment.
· Operates, repairs and maintains all operating equipment, including, but not limited to all pumps, motors, boilers, chillers, etc.
· Operates, repairs and maintains all electrical systems, refrigeration systems and equipment
· Conduct daily preventive maintenance on all hotel heating, ventilation and air conditioning equipment.
· Perform any necessary repairs on hotel heating, ventilation and air conditioning equipment in a timely manner as to reduce down time.
· Track all associated inventory and maintain established inventory levels.
· Complete all required reports on heating and air equipment history to include all cost associated with any repair or PM.
· Paints all surface & equipment, makes minor wall covering repairs and minor furniture touch-up
· Operates, repairs and maintains all hotel lighting and related equipment systems.
· Operates, repairs and maintains all plumbing and related equipment and systems.
· Repairs and maintains all hotel appliances and equipment and physical plant.
· Repairs and maintains all guest room furnishings, equipment and physical plant.
· Repairs and maintains lock and key system
· Performs minor construction work
· Performs necessary inspections and repairs (as required & designated) to kitchen and restaurant equipment and furnishings
· Maintain accurate logs of equipment tests, preventative maintenance logs, monthly reports, daily walk reports, meter readings, etc.
· Maintain staff
· Prepare scheduling
· Maintain day to day documentation.
· Conduct performance evaluations.
· Train (both technical and safety items)
· Hold monthly departmental meetings
· Maintain open and productive relationship with Human Resources
· Maintain par stocks of essential parts and associated materials and products used for operating, repairing and maintaining of the hotel
· Notify supervisor when parts are needed by using the proper requisition system or want list as appropriate including purchasing
· Responsible for operation and maintenance of all equipment and tools
Is a team member who is guest service focused and enjoys a positive culture in his or her work environment
Emeline is an Independent Lifestyle Hotel located on the Historic City Market of Charleston. Emeline is a clever, and thoughtfully designed retreat crafted with the curious traveler in mind charting their own course. Our experienced team embodies the persona of a consummate host, always focused on the vibrant days of hospitality.
We are proudly Managed by Makeready. At Makeready http://makereadyexperience.com/ we create independent hotel, restaurant and retail brands. Each of our brands has a distinct point of view but they all share a common purpose: to inspire deeper connections with the world around them city by city, person by person. Every Makeready experience embraces local culture, honors past and present, and invites curious guests to delve into the detail of their surroundings.
We offer health, dental and vision insurance as well as short term and long term disability. We offer a 401K Match and Paid Time Off with an aggressive acrual.