posted November 13, 2019Fullerton Marriott at California State University
JOB TITLE: Night Auditor
BASIC PURPOSE: Audit, balance and report on the various areas of the hotel (e.g. food & beverage outlets, rooms/front desk, gift shop, etc.) to provide accurate, timely information and to ensure IHC and Hotel policies and procedures are followed and to prevent fraud.
1. Audit, balance and report on all food and beverage outlets' (e.g. restaurants, lounges, banquets, room service) cash and credit operations to include but not limited to checks, over/short figures/tally sheets, deposits, counts, house charges, promotional materials, postings, etc. and reset all registers to ensure accurate, timely information. (30%)
2. Audit, balance, post and report on the front desk to include but not limited to; room charges, phone calls, zero balance folios, corrections, adjustments, taxes, disputed charges, over/short figures, deposits, etc. to ensure accuracy and verify proper cash handling procedures are followed. (25%)
3. Audit, balance and prepare, verify and report on Room information to provide rooms management with a picture of how they are performing. (20%)
4. Prepare and input statistics and income journal sheets for preparation of daily reports. (5%)
5. Balance and close all bank ticket codes, daily. (5%)
6. Run night audit final after insuring all revenues are in balance nightly. (5%)
7. Perform the duties of a Front Desk Clerk including express checkouts. (5%)
1. Assist PBX in taking and placing wake-up calls, as needed. (3%)
2. Perform the duties of a bellperson as requested. (2%)
Knowledge and Skills:
Education: High School Education or equivalent experience.
Experience: Accounting background preferred, but not required.
Skills and Abilities: Ability to operate Personal Computer, Cash Register and Calculator.
Ability to compile facts and figures.
Telephone and guest relations etiquette and skills.
No. of employees supervised: None.
Travel required: None.
Hours Required: Scheduled days and times may vary based on need.
Physical Job Requirements
(for essential functions only)
Lifting/Pushing/Pulling/Carrying Describe the type(s) of required lifting, pushing, pulling, and/or carrying to include objects, weights and frequency.
Ability to lift files/papers up to 5 lbs, 50% of time. May lift luggage up to 50 lbs.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
Our hotel is conveniently located adjacent to California State University and a short distance from downtown Fullerton. Visitors can easily travel to dazzling attractions during your stay such as Crystal Cathedral, Brea city, Knott's Berry Farm and Disneyland in Anaheim. After those adventures, guests can ease into our spacious rooms and suites. We offer complimentary Wi-Fi, plush bedding and room service for utmost comfort. Following a rejuvenating morning, guests can visit our outdoor pool and fitness center for their daily workout. Then satisfy their built up appetite at our on-site restaurant. Spadra33 serves a fusion of American and Asian cuisine to satisfy even the pickiest of palettes. Fun and dining isn't the only thing our hotel provides. We can host a business meeting or wedding reception in one of our contemporary event venues. Whatever brings visitors to town, they will create lasting memories at Fullerton Marriott at California State University.