posted November 18, 2019Hampton Inn Irvine East - Lake Forest
Inspiring others to do their best each day!Hotel Manager
The Hotel Manager leads the staff as coach and trainer in the proper execution of Front Desk, Housekeeping, Laundry, Maintenance, and Food Service standards. This includes the assessment of staff and property by “walking” the site and managing the team on a continual basis throughout the day. The Hotel Manager will hire team members, manage performance, communicate feedback, administer discipline and train the team in successful performance of their jobs. The Hotel Manager provides effective guest service and is responsible for the total site in the absence of the General Manager.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
· Participates in sales calls and site visits with members of the sales team to acquire new business or close on business
· Reviews financial reports and statements to understand property’s performance versus budget and expenses. Works to determine areas of concern and develops strategies to improve performance
· Coaches and supports hotel team to effectively manage wages and controllable expenses. Strives to maintain profit margins without compromising guest or team member satisfaction
· Manages costs within the hotel, including supplies, utilities, food and beverage and labor expenses to within budgeted parameters, combining with sales/revenue acumen to deliver an efficient and profitable operation.
· Ensures service, technical skills and other training occurs throughout the property to support successful daily operations.
· Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with direct reports and entire team. Ensures direct reports do the same for their team.
· Establishes a presence with team members on property and actively solicits team member feedback. Utilizes an “open door” policy and reviews team member engagement results to identify and address team member problems or concerns. Ensures team members are treated fairly and equitably.
· Hires team members who demonstrate strong functional expertise, creativity and leadership to meet the business needs of the operation
· Fosters team member commitment to providing exceptional service, participates in daily stand-up meetings and models desired service behaviors in all interactions with guests and team members
· Demonstrates and communicates drivers of guest satisfaction; ensures core elements of service strategy are in place to produce the desired results
· Serves as a guest advocate for the property. Pulls together resources to resolve guest and operational issues and impact results
· Is highly visible and interfaces with customers on a regular basis to obtain feedback on quality of product, service levels, and overall satisfaction
· Observes service behaviors of team members and provides feedback to individuals and/or supervisors. Continuously strives to improve service performance
· Reviews comment cards, guest survey results and other data to identify areas of improvement. Reviews findings with hotel team and ensures appropriate action is taken
· Analyzes service issues and identifies trends. Facilitates the development of creative solutions to overcome obstacles and ensures implementation to continually improve guest satisfaction results
· Ensures that building is well maintained and that operational areas have an atmosphere that meets or exceeds guest expectations
· Makes decisions and oversees team performance, removes obstacles to success and ensures adequate resources are available to achieve business results
· Creates a synergistic team and work environment that consistently delivers positive results and continuously strives to improve these results
· Inspires and motivates teams to achieve operational excellence
· Ensures policies are administered fairly and consistently and that team member performance is evaluated and recognized where appropriate
· Ensures property meets franchise standards
· Ensures property is a safe and secure facility for guests and team members
· Communicates and ensures execution of hotel emergency procedures
· Previous hotel Management experience with proven success in leadership of teams
· Prior experience with direct sales efforts producing at least 50% market mix of Total Revenues
· Proven success in guest service results
· College degree preferred
· Strong financial knowledge required
· Valid driver’s license from the appropriate state
· Drive for Results demonstrated through successful performance in prior leadership positions
· Action Orientation to work efficiently and effectively toward property revenue and operational objectives
· Time Management skills to meet commitments across multiple departments and roles
· Customer Focus to consistently deliver optimal employee and customer satisfaction for the hotel
The Hampton Inn Irvine East – Lake Forest hotel is located in the heart of South Orange County, surrounded by the Saddleback Mountains, minutes from Mission Viejo, Irvine, and Rancho Santa Margarita.
Explore great hiking trails within walking distance and much more. Since we’re close to Mission Hospital in Mission Viejo, the Disneyland® Resort, Newport Beach, the Irvine Spectrum, Laguna Beach, UC Irvine and Mission Viejo Marguerite Aquatic Center, we offer everything you expect and more from a great Foothill Ranch hotel.
Enjoy free parking and a Keurig® coffeemaker, a mini-refrigerator and a microwave in every room. The hotel offers free WiFi, a 24-hour business center, a well-equipped fitness center, an outdoor pool and a whirlpool. Start your morning right with Hampton’s free hot breakfast, or grab a Hampton On the Run™ Breakfast Bag, available Monday through Friday for a quick, healthy meal to go.
Host your next Lake Forest, CA meeting for up to 40 people at this Irvine hotel. Our friendly team members will be on hand to make sure everything runs smoothly. If you're here on business, you’ll appreciate our proximity to the headquarters of major businesses including Spectrum Brands, Fujitsu, Panasonic, Parker-Hannifin and Oakley. John Wayne Airport is a few miles away and attractions such as Knott's Berry Farm and Disney California Adventure® Park are in easy reach.