Looking for a highly motivated, open minded, hard working general manager willing to keep our hotel in top 1% of our brand!
Premier Management Inc. is currently seeking an energetic, self motivated individual, to join our team, to lead our Courtyard by Marriott Cape Girardeau Downtown to new levels. Our hotel has 91 guest rooms, a very interactive bistro environment.
The General Manager is responsible for all aspects of our hotel. Keeping profitability in line, while keeping the highest levels of guest satisfaction is imperative. Plan for and schedule manpower, equipment, inventory and supply requirements for all Departments and maintain accountability for the cost, utilization, and performance of employees and equipment.
1. Maintain responsibility for the hiring, training, and proficiency of employees of all Departments.
2. Monitor payroll and control cost, remaining within budget.
3. Prepare and distribute to all department heads weekly forecasts of hotel occupancy, departures, arrivals and change hotel status appropriately.
4. Forecast monthly occupancy and house count for the hotel.
5. Control the selling of rooms and rates directly and through the reservations system to obtain maximum occupancy/revenue.
6. Manages revenue goals, including working with the revenue management office and balancing inventory
7. Participate actively in all aspects of the manager on duty program.
8. Assist in the preparation of annual hotel budgets including Room Revenue forecasts, Front Office expense plans, and inventory and supplies.
9. Participate in the development of the hotel’s marketing plan and is responsible for the attainment of the rack rate market objective.
10. Ensure that customer service policy is understood by employees and that guests are treated with the utmost care and courtesy.
11. Assist guests with any special requests or problems that may arise.
12. Maintain control of employee uniforms ensuring that uniforms and name badges are work, kept in proper condition, project high grooming standards, and are readily available at all times to employees.
13. Maintain responsibility for verifying and authorizing payroll for all Departments.
14. Supervises the operation of the Front Desk, including telephone procedures, cashier and clerk duties, night audit and reservations.
15. If applicable, monitor and control the daily operation of the hotel’s transportation services including the maintenance of vehicles (vans) and accept responsibility for valet services.
16. Attend Franchise management and training seminars to keep up with Industry Standards and competition.
17. Introduce and manage any new Special Programs, and assist Sales Personnel in promoting room revenue and networking in the local community to build brand and hotel awareness.
18. Train Front Desk staff on how to deal with emergency situations and develop emergency procedures.
19. Obtain approval for credit applications from Director of Operations.
20. Transfer approved Direct Bill accounts from Guest to City Ledger.
21. Inform Housekeeping daily of necessary information relating to room forecast, occupancy, check-outs, etc.
22. Perform daily room inspections in conjunction with the Housekeeping Supervisor.
23. Coordinate activities with related Departments: Housekeeping, Food & Beverage, Sales & Maintenance.
24. Perform other duties as assigned by Management and Corporate Office.
25. Conduct all necessary banking activities on a daily or as need basis.
26. Maintain clerical inventory and maintenance records.
27. Provide monthly financial reports to the Corporate Office.
28. Responsible for timely filing of necessary franchise and corporate reports.
29. Responsible for maintaining an adequate Quality Control Franchise Score by meeting guidelines and maintaining appropriate conditions satisfactory to the Franchisor.
30. Responsible for the overall operations of the Courtyard Bistro.
31. Making sure all individuals working in the Bistro are properly trained and certified to work in the F&B.
32. Manage food and beverage operations, including monitoring food and beverage forecasting to reduce waste and maximize profit, establishing relationships with vendors, ensuring food and beverage areas meet quality standards, and conducting audits to ensure procedures and policies are followed.
33. Provide all necessary reports to the Corporate Office.
34. Maintain a positive attitude at all times.
Highly motivated individuals, with strong work ethic, passion to meet our guests needs, and willingness to build a team with pride and passion that is willing to keep the hotel in top 1% of all Courtyard by Marriott Hotels in relations to guest relations.
The new state-of-the-art lobby at Courtyard provides greater flexibility and choices for our guests. At the center of it all is The Bistro, your destination for a great breakfast, or drinks and dinner during the evening. You'll also enjoy inviting, flexible spaces where you can work or relax, free Wi-Fi throughout and easy access to the latest news, weather and airport conditions via our GoBoard technology. Plus, our well-equipped fitness center will help you stay refreshed and energized. Whether traveling for business or pleasure, your stay at Courtyard is sure to be more comfortable, more productive and more enjoyable than ever before!