To fully develop assigned segments with an emphasis against the development of new business for assigned hotel.
Working with the General Manager, Regional Revenue Manager and the Regional Director of Sales, optimally merchandize revenue potential for assigned property and ensure customers have a memorable hotel experience.
Develop and execute Sales action plans, maintain positive interdepartmental relations and complete special projects as assigned by the General Manager, Regional Director of Sales and/or Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing.
Company associates have access to guestrooms and property. As such, character traits of honesty and trustworthiness are essential to this position and must be displayed at all times. Per company policy, potential associates must pass appropriate security clearances.
- College Degree (BS/BA) preferred.
- Previous direct selling experience in a hotel.
- Demonstrated success in developing a market.
- Experience selling Marriott and/or Hilton Select Service and/or Extended Stay lodging to Corporate and weekend market segments is a plus.
- Hotel operations experience preferred.
- Professionalism must be displayed at all times.
- Company associates have access to guestrooms and property. As such, character traits of honesty and trustworthiness are essential to this position and must be displayed at all times. Per company policy, potential associates must pass appropriate security clearances.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Must be able to perform major life activities: Standing, lifting, bending, learning, reading, concentrating, thinking, and communicating.
For this position specifically:
- Must be able to stand for eight hours, bend, stretch, reach.
- Must be able to lift and carry 30 pounds, push and pull 50 pounds, sit or stand for long periods of time and must be able to drive.
- Must be able to see and hear.
- Must be able to speak and read English.
- Must display professionalism, honesty and trustworthiness at all times
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Computer skills required: Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, experience working with customer relationship management software is preferred.
- Sees a vision and is not deterred from achieving it.
- Committed to the company and the achievement of it’s goals.
- Effective communication skills, written and verbal, including group presentations.
- Has the ability to effectively influence others and engage clients and coworkers on difficult issues.
- Financial analysis skills. The ability to assess potential business opportunities and whether or not they contribute to the success of the business.
- The ability to inspire confidence in and gain respect from superiors, peers, subordinates, industry partners and competitors.
- Combines a confident, self-starting, high performance orientation with track record that reflects a “can do” attitude.
- Enjoys interacting with customers and networking within the industry.
- Project management skills (i.e., organizing, multitasking).
- Creative and strategic skills.
- Willing to perform other assigned duties that the individual is capable of carrying out.
- Practices safety standards at all times and is alert to hazardous conditions. Reports any hazardous conditions immediately to the hotel General manager or appropriate staff member.
- Is thoroughly familiar with the LBA Hospitality Associate Handbook. Adheres to all work rules, procedures and policies established by the company, including, but not limited to, those contained in the Associate Handbook.
- Based on the hotels’ s selling strategy, books appropriate business that allows hotel to achieve/exceed monthly room revenue budget, and, if applicable, other revenue budgets specific to assigned hotel.
- Proactive direct sales.
- Approaches the position with a relationship building/proactive selling mindset. Ensures that weekly telephone prospecting/qualification/solicitation calls goals as well as outside call goals are met or exceeded. Included General Manager on appropriate sales appointments as well as calls on Corporate-based Sales personnel for assistance as needed to “win” business.
- Develops, presents business case to General Manager, Regional Director of Sales and Regional Revenue Manager and deploys seasonal and segmented promotions and packages.
- Utilizes available business tools to prospect for new business (i.e., Brand database reports, Hoover’s, local newspaper and business journals).
- Performs the necessary pre-call planning and post-call follow-up for client outside sales calls.
- Evaluates potential business opportunities for assigned hotel and presents findings/defends positions, as necessary, to the General Manager and/or Regional revenue Manager and Regional Director of Sales.
- Thoroughly knowledgeable with regard to client base. Has a strong business relationship with top producing clients.
- Utilizes internal lead source generators (i.e., Brand GSO, LBA sister hotels) to maximize revenue production for assigned hotel.
- Grows revenue for LBA Hospitality by cross-selling other LBA hotels.
- Gains contacts and business intelligence/shows community spirit through involvement in an industry and/or charitable organizations.
- Takes the initiative to develop new strategies and tactics to drive revenue in assigned markets. Presents these plans to the Hotel General Manager and Regional Director of Sales for review and approval.
- Meets SMART Plan due dates.
- Monitors economic/business news in general and news specific to assigned market segments. Recommends adjustments to SMART Plan as changes occur in the business world.
- Understands the business rationale behind and contributes, as appropriate, to the hotel’s rooms forecast.
- Maintains awareness of the sales practices of the hotel’s competitive set, and, as warranted, takes proactive steps to “neutralize” their efforts.
- Is an “expert” when it comes to selling against the hotel’s competitive set.
- Adds to the camaraderie of the hotel by helping to celebrate the successes of coworkers.
- Ensures that he/she adheres to all sales administrative processes that are in place from the LBA Corporate Office.
- Ensures that all reports, internal requests for information and special projects are submitted on or before their due dates.
- Provides suggestions to the Regional Director of Sales, Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing and other Corporate-based staff with regard to growing the company’s revenue.
- Understands the business rationale behind the annual budgeting process (revenue generation and Advertising and Promotion costs).
- Collects and analyzes information on use history, plans, decision structure and strategies of key customers in assigned market segments. Forwards this information to the Hotel General Manager and Regional Director of Sales.
- Strives to continually improve his/her general business and industry/job specific skills by attending Brand and LBA Corporate-sponsored sales training, and, if appropriate, outside continuing education.
WORKING CONDITIONS/SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
- Typical week consists of a minimum of three days out of the office on sales calls and two days in the office working on sales plan. May also come in on the weekends to greet guests and ensure meeting or group satisfaction.
- Occasional overnight travel for training, to assist with a sales blitz in another LBA city, etc.
POSITIONS FOR POSSIBLE ADVANCEMENT
- Director of Sales (Multiple Property Responsibility)
- Regional Director of Sales
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed.