The Slot Technical Supervisor is responsible for managing the Slot Technicians and overseeing the maintenance and repair of all slot machines.
- Administers the Slot Technical Department functions, planning, directing, staffing and controlling.
- Repair and preventative maintenance of Slot Machines, progressive controllers and displays, bill validators and coin acceptors, with an effort to maintain “zero down time” on the floor.
- Installs new slot machines, progressive controllers, displays and bill validators in a timely manner.
- Troubleshoots and repairs all electronic slot machine assemblies, progressive controllers and display assemblies to the component level, using a variety of test equipment.
- Troubleshoots and repairs all mechanical and electrical components of slot machines.
- Responsible for coaching and training of all Slot Technicians Team Members.
- Keeps a current log and map of all machines moved or installed.
- Keeps a log of all machine malfunctions.
- Safeguards slot department assets.
- Establishes and maintains effective channels of communication.
- Acts as a general source of information for employees and guests.
- Ensures friendly, courteous guest service.
- Ensures that adequate products, supplies and equipment are available to supply department.
- Train and evaluate all slot personnel, while ensuring employee adherence to casino and department policies and procedures, as well as, internal controls.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Preference is given to qualified Santa Ana Tribal Member.
- Four year degree preferred.
- Directly related experience may be substituted.
- At least five years experience in Slots with a minimum of three years in Slot technical management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Able to work a flexible schedule.
- Self motivated, enthusiastic and a team player.
- Expert level knowledge of various makes/models of Slot machines required.
- Expert level knowledge of the repair of various makes/models of Slot machines required.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Pueblo of Santa Ana Gaming and Regulatory Commission key gaming license.
Essential Mental Functions
The essential mental functions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintains a strict level of confidentiality regarding company information.
- Must be able to work independently and exercise good judgment in handling a variety of situations.
- Must have excellent problem solving abilities.
- Must be a detail oriented, organized individual with the ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to deal with stressful situations in a professional manner.
- Display strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to handle conflict situations.
- Display a proven ability to manage.
- Must be a Team Player.
Essential Physical Functions
The essential physical functions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of the position, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, turn, use hands and fingers to grasp, handle, and feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
- Must be able to work various hours, as needed, including weekends and holidays.
- Must present self in a well-groomed, professional appearance.
- The employee must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work at a fast pace.
- Must be able to handle stress effectively.
- Physical ability to safely perform the essential job functions of the position.
- All traditional office equipment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Employee will be exposed to a second-hand smoke-filled environment. Hazards include working around moving equipment/machinery. Equipment and machinery must be properly used or they can be potentially hazard.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.