Donohoe Hospitality Services is always looking for the most qualified and experienced professionals in the industry. We invite you to view our current career opportunities and apply.
LEAD WELCOME ENTHUSIAST (FRONT OFFICE MANAGER)
Responsible for supervising, managing and overseeing front office operations and personnel of the front desk, bellstand, PBX and reservations.
- Hire, train, counsel and motivate department personnel, payroll administration for department personnel, and conduct all department personnel performance appraisals.
- Schedule staff according to budget guidelines.
- Assist the General Manager in resolving guest complaints concerning the front office.
- Establish effective front office communication and information system through logs, department meetings, and coaching and counseling. Set clear standards for employees and communicate all goals and results.
- Work closely with housekeeping, engineering, catering and sales to assure groups, guests and special functions are handled smoothly.
- Ensure guest special requests are fulfilled.
- Monitor posting of guest charges and approve all adjustments to minimize lost revenue (Revenue daily packs).
- Train employees on emergency procedures.
- Train staff and ensure that the proper cash handling policies are in place and being followed.
- Train staff and ensure that proper direct bill and credit card procedures are in place and being followed.
- Responsible for training staff on new brand, hotel marketing, guest service promotions and/or advertisements.
- Responsible for training and monitoring staff on hotel and/or brand standards for guest services.
- Hold monthly training and staff meetings.
- Responsible for ordering and maintaining Front Office supplies and equipment according to and within budget.
- Responsible for maintaining and reporting problems with Front Office POS.
- Responsible for training staff on POS systems to include Front Desk, PBX, movies and telephone call accounting systems.
- Responsible for training staff on guest safety issues including but not limited to privacy issues and key control.
- The hotel operates 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Department schedules must accommodate fluctuating business demands and employees may be asked to work shifts other than those they prefer or normally work.
- Adhere to all work rules, procedures and policies established by the hotel, including, but not limited to, those contained in the employee handbook.
- Coordinate wait-listed reservations with the sales department.
- Administer the hotel’s direct bill accounts, as directed by the General Manager.
Education and Experience:
- Solid experience in Front Office operations including front desk, reservations, bell staff and PBX.
- Must have supervisory experience.
Skills and Abilities:
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong customer service orientation and skills.
- Superior interpersonal skills. Ability to get along with diverse personalities, tactful and flexible.
- Excellent listening skills
- Ability to stand for a long period of time.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to maintain control and composure in difficult situations and exhibit good judgement.