· Conduct training of Policies and Procedures as well as basic machinery, i.e. currency counters, adding machines, and computers; monitor cashier performance.
· Held accountable to verify accuracy and thoroughness of departmental records and reports.
· Insure all logs/forms are maintained and filled out properly by monitoring them on a daily basis.
· Work with vendors for repair and scheduling routine maintenance.
· Handle employee related problems with composure and professionalism at all times.
· Bring employee concerns and/or problems and unusual activities to the attention of the Cage Shift Manager.
· Assists Cage Shift Manager with the operation including training, counseling and supervision of personnel.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Must have two years of Supervisory and coin/currency handling experience.
· Must be extremely numbers oriented and computer-literate.
· Must have knowledge of 10-key and balancing.
· Must be able to communicate with the public in a clear friendly manner.
· Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
· Must be able to work various shifts and flexible hours.
Applicants must already be authorized to work in the US and must be able to obtain and maintain a casino license in the state of Rhode Island.