The Assistant Executive Housekeeper is responsible for assisting the Executive Housekeeping in maintaining a clean, orderly and attractive establishment. Responsible for the supervision of all associates in housekeeping.
- Assist department manager in maintaining close control and inventory of uniforms, supplies and equipment. Assist in ordering as needed.
- Assists in scheduling the cleaning of the room carpets, upholstery and draperies as needed, along with deep cleaning projects and window cleaning.
- Assist in scheduling the cleaning for periodic major cleaning projects including carpet shampooing, cleaning of walls and baseboards, cleaning of windows, elevator doors and tracks.
- Maintain a complete and accurate set of logs.
- Inspects and evaluates the physical condition of the establishment. Ensures hotel is cleaned to the standards of a 4 diamond property.
- Assist manager in assigning room list to guest room attendants.
- Issues proper keys to authorized personnel. Maintains key control.
- Reports all vacant rooms to the front desk for resale. Checks all guest room attendant reports.
- Assists in the maintenance of the lost and found program.
- Assists in monthly linen inventory and discards damaged linen as directed.
- Assists in the selection process with staffing, recruiting, hiring and training qualified housekeeping candidates.
- Assist in cleaning rooms when applicable.
- Hold a pre-shift meeting with staff prior to reporting to stations.
- Be prepared for each daily activity and review any variations with management and staff.
- Work shifts are covered with adequate staff, ensure correct staffing during peak periods and high occupancy.
- Communicate daily with department managers and MOD to assure consistency and pass on pertinent information.
- Consistently monitor the performance of associates on an on-going basis and assist the department manager in providing feedback. Reward, discipline and document associate performance and provide timely counseling. Address associate complaints and resolve problems.
- Supervise the staff and handle associate situations.
- Ensure staff is properly groomed and uniformed at all times.
- Ensure work area cleanliness is maintained at all times.
- Maintain efficiency in the operation of the staff in a high standard of quality of service and courtesy, bringing total satisfaction to our guests and the hotel.
- Assist department manager in maintaining close control and inventory of uniforms, supplies, and equipment.
- Assist in the preparation of weekly schedules in accordance to guest needs and staff availability.
- Conduct frequent hospitality audits to ensure the staff are conducting themselves in the manner appropriate for the department. Ensure service standards are in place.
- Maintain a complete and accurate set of logs.
- Prepare and submit accident or injury reports when needed.
- Be a team player and encourage the teamwork attitude among staff.
- Ensure all guests who experience a problem receive an appropriate response, any promised compensation is delivered, and an appropriate follow up in a timely and professional manner.
- Carries out responsibilities in accordance with Hotel policy and applicable laws.
- Plan, assign and direct work of associates.
- Promote open channels of communication between all hotel departments.
- Assist in safety and maintenance by tracking items in HotSos for relevant department
- Utilize Room Expediter (REX) system
- Ensure all associates are safety conscious and trained in safe work practices.
- Have a thorough knowledge of hotel fire regulations and policy, accident reports, safety programs, and what the direct duties are in relation to each; ensure that all associates are properly trained in these procedures.
- Assist the department manager with implementing the proper training program.
- Assist with new hire training.
- Understand and adhere to budgeted wage and hour limitations for associates.
- Attends department meetings and as needed, attends interdepartmental meetings.
- Be familiar with the operating procedures of all other areas of the hotel, cooperating fully and in a friendly manner with those areas to assure customer satisfaction.
- Route associate commendations received from guests to the person responsible for assembling the daily packet.
- Notify management of any pertinent information related to shift activities.
- Determine the requirements for and the follow up on special groups, VIPs, etc.
- Follow manager’s instructions and completes other duties as directed or assigned.
- Prepare payroll as needed.
- Assists guest room attendants when needed.
The Hilton DC National Mall provides equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to Rebecca.firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know the nature of your request.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)