Important Notice:This description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an associate in this position may be asked to perform from time to time. The items described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities. This document does not create an employee contract, expresses, implied or otherwise, and does not alter the “at will” employment relationship of the employer and employee.
Job Overview:Take food and beverage orders; courteously and efficiently serve food and beverages to Guests in our Restaurant and collect payments. Creates 100% guest satisfaction by providing “Can Do” attitude and genuine hospitality and by exceeding guest expectations.
· Employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
· Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established or changed by the Hotel from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
· Must be able to use English both verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
· Excellent proficiency in MICROS POS
· Knowledgeable in Kitchen Display System
· Excellent telephone etiquette and able to identify guest category
· Must be able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
· Ability to work independently and to perform duties & responsibilities to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Gives personal attention, takes personal responsibility and uses teamwork when providing guest service
· Listens, apologizes with empathy, finds a solution and follows through when resolving guest problems
· Assumes the responsibility to notice when the guest is not satisfied and uses their best judgment as to when it is appropriate
· Performs other duties as required to provide “Can Do” attitude and genuine hospitality
Provides food and beverage service to guests in LBLE
· Sets up lounge tables with clean menus, table tents and candles
· Provides guest with overview of menu and beverage choices
· Takes guests’ order – provides explanation of menu and upsells as appropriate 10%
· Serves and replenishes beverages 50%
· Consolidates and picks up food and beverages which have been ordered. Ensures that all necessary/appropriate condiments are served with the appropriate dishes 25%
· Clears cocktail tables throughout the dining experience using proper methods for removing dishes, glassware and silverware 20%
· Cleans tables, chairs and floor area 10%
· Assists Bartender by filling/replenishing ice bin 10%
· Is familiar with and complies with all Department of Health sanitation and food safety guidelines 100%
· Breaks down/scrapes and sorts chinaware and silverware at the soiled dish table 10%
· Assists Bartender as necessary to meet and exceed the guests’ expectations
· Completes all sidework assignments according to LBLE standards 10%
Sets up and maintains appearance of Server areas which include:
· Utensils, plates and napkins are cleaned and presentable
· Side stand full and presentable
· Menus are clean and presentable
Able to work in an indoor environment
· Perform related duties as assigned by Manager
· Maintain compliance with all company and brand policies and procedures
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
· 1 year experience in a high volume bar
· High School Diploma or GED preferred
· Relevant military experience in a comparable capacity
· TB Clearance required
· Liquor card required
· Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with ADA, FMLA and other federal, state, and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
· Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state and local standards.
· Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 lbs 10%
· Minimal pushing and pulling tables up to 20 – 50 lbs 10%
· Carrying up to 5 lbs, occasionally up to 25 lbs 20%
· Continuous standing and walking on feet for a 5 hour shift
· Kneeling, bending & squatting 25%
· Full dexterity using both hands including: grasping and grabbing objects being handled 90%
· Reaching at or above shoulder height for objects 5%
· Must be able to listen and speak clearly on communication devices
Ideally located in the heart of the island, Hilton Waikiki Beach is only one block from the sea. With Leahi (Diamond Head) as a stunning backdrop, this contemporary Waikiki hotel offers a true Hawaiian paradise without the resort fees. We offer rooms and suites with gorgeous views of the surroundings, resort-style amenities and delicious dining options available anytime of the day.