ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:1. Manage the Engineering employees; interview, schedule, train, develop, coach and counsel, provide open communications, recommend performance reviews, resolve problems and recommend discipline, as appropriate. (15%)
2. Implement and schedule property and equipment preventive maintenance programs in compliance with corporate/franchise standards and local, state and national codes and regulations to ensure safety, convenience and satisfaction of all guests, managers and employees, to protect the assets and maintain the property in first class condition. (15%)
3. Prioritize service requests; schedule and monitor the service performed to ensure customer satisfaction, safety and convenience. (15%)
4. Test and examine the life safety systems to ensure they are 100% operational at all times to protect the assets, guests and employees. (10%)
5. Monitor utility consumption to determine the effectiveness of current systems. (5%)
6. Review purchase requests and monitor expenses budget goals are met/exceeded. (5%
7. Assist in the administration of the division by preparing and maintaining schedules, logs, records and other documentation to ensure a smooth operation and minimize liabilities. (15%)
1. May assume the responsibilities of the Director of Engineering in his/her absence.
2. Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. (15%)
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
Just two blocks from the Pennsylvania Convention Center, the Philadelphia 201 Hotel is walking distance to Love Park, the Franklin Institute, and the iconic Philadelphia Museum of Art. Travelers can explore historic landmarks such as the Liberty Bell, Franklin Square - one of the city's five original squares from 1682 - or the home of Betsy Ross, where the first American flag was made in 1776. In their downtime, guests can take advantage of our newly renovated indoor pool and fully-equipped fitness center, or relax at our welcoming Terrace restaurant or bar, the Local. Our 759 guest rooms feature comfortable beds that invite guests to wind down after a busy day, as well as fantastic views of the Benjamin Franklin Parkway, a scenic boulevard that runs through the cultural heart of Philadelphia. For meetings, our planning and banquet staff transform our 58,000 square feet of flexible event space into the perfect venue for conventions, board meetings, or any occasion anyone wants to celebrate.