posted January 15, 2020The Dalmar, Fort Lauderdale, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel
The Accounting Manager is responsible for monitoring accounting and finance activities for the hotel including payroll, accounts payable & receivable, general cashiering, internal control, and night audit. The Accounting Manager in conjunction with the Controller manages responsibilities in alignment with the Managing Director and the Corporate Office, Company policies and procedures, brand standards and local, state and national regulations. Responsible for quality service, meeting/exceeding financial and service goals and managing within approved plans and objectives. Reports, investigates and resolves violations to internal controls, policies, procedures, standards and regulations.
· Prepares information for periodic entries to journals.
· Assists with monthly general ledger closings.
· Assists in the preparation of financial statement for internal and external use.
· Accounts for selected prepaid expenses, accruals, and bank reconciliations.
· Maintains and prepares selected balance sheet account reconciliations.
· Maintains and track capital expenditures.
· Prepares the daily manager’s report.
· Assists in the preparation of corporate schedules quarterly, annually and as requested.
· Maintains county licenses and taxes-monthly, quarterly, semi-annually and annually.
· Prepares accounting reports when needed and any other accounting related functions as requested by management.
The Company may consider equivalent combination of acceptable education and experience providing the knowledge, skills and abilities cited below.
Work is normally performed in an interior hotel environment. While performing job duties, the associate speaks, listens, completes documents, processes requests and operates office equipment such as a telephone, calculator, computer, copier and fax. Physical requirements include extended periods of standing and/or walking, bending, reaching, pulling, pushing, kneeling, and lifting up to 50 pounds. The work involves some exposure to extreme temperatures, chemicals, dirt, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises. The exposure to hazards or physical risks requires following basic safety precautions and use of applicable protective equipment. The job requires close vision with or without corrective lenses.
299 North Federal Highway
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
209 Room Hotel
THE DALMAR is the first luxury lifestyle hotel in downtown Fort Lauderdale, offering independent design that links West Coast style to an East Coast vibe, with nostalgic nods, contemporary flair, and timeless twists. Each of our 209 guest rooms and suites—some with balconies—affords beautiful views of downtown to the beach. In-room technology includes a 55-inch LCD TV, WiFi for streaming, Alexa and iPad for on-command services. Luxurious linens rest atop a premium pillow top mattress. Bathrooms feature spa showers and exclusively curated bath amenities. Keep fit in the 24-Hour fitness center, take a swim in our outdoor pool, attend a session in the yoga studio, or jump in a shuttle to get to the nearby Beach. Enjoy a night out in Sparrow, our rooftop bar and peer from our 25th story looking over-top of the south Florida coastline. We also offer 4 other dining and drinks options that are popular with the locals.