Responsible for courteous, friendly and efficient food and beverage service at catered banquet events. The banquet server is the primary guest contact person who makes an important contribution to the guest experience. The banquet server is also responsible for set up and clearing of an event.
· Employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
· Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established or changed by the Hotel from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
· Must be able to use English both verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
· Must be able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service. 100%
· Ability to work independently and to perform duties and responsibilities to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices. 100%
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Creates 100% guest satisfaction by providing “Can Do” attitude and by exceeding guest expectations
· Gives personal attention, takes personal responsibility and uses teamwork when providing guest service
· Listens, apologizes with empathy, finds a solution and follows through when resolving guest problems
· Assumes the responsibility to notice when the guest is not satisfied and uses their best judgment as to when it is appropriate
· Performs other duties as required to provide “Can Do” attitude and genuine hospitality
Provides food and beverage service to guests in the function area
· Sets tables in accordance with Hilton standards according to the BEO 5%
· Serves food, coffee, water and other beverages; refills beverages as needed 15%
· Serves bar beverages and handles cash/credit card transactions 5%
· Clears tables throughout the dining experience using proper methods for removing dishes, glassware and silverware 20%
· Cleans banquet room and banquet kitchen area during and after banquet functions 20%
· Cooperates closely with other servers to meet and exceed guests’ expectations 25%
· Performs duties according to the Department of Health sanitation and food safety guidelines 10%
· Able to work in an indoor or outdoor environment
· Performs related duties as assigned by the Banquet Captain or Banquet Manager
· Maintains compliance with all company and brand policies and procedures
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
· Minimum (2) years’ experience in Banquet wait help required
· High School Diploma or GED required.
· Relevant military experience in a comparable capacity
· TB Clearance required
· Liquor card required
· CPR and Standard First Aid Certification preferred
· Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with ADA, FMLA and other federal, state, and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
· Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state and local standards.
· Continuous standing and walking on feet for an 8 hour shift
· Pushing a cart 5%
· Stacking chairs 5%
· Carrying or rolling tables up to 30 lbs 5%
· Must be able to lift and carry a tray of food/dishes/glassware shoulder level or higher up to 35lbs through a crowded room on a continuous basis throughout shift 25%
· Repetitive reaching, bending, kneeling, squatting, stooping, sitting, standing, and/or walking throughout entire shift 25%
· Lifting (waist up or floor up), pulling, pushing, holding requirements in pounds (ie: Able to push and pull objects up to 200 lbs.) 5%
· Reaching at or above shoulder height for objects 10%
· Full dexterity using both hands including: grasping and grabbing objects being handled 90%
· Must be able to talk, listen, and speak clearly on all communication devices.
Ideally located in the heart of the island, Hilton Waikiki Beach is only one block from the sea. With Leahi (Diamond Head) as a stunning backdrop, this contemporary Waikiki hotel offers a true Hawaiian paradise without the resort fees. We offer rooms and suites with gorgeous views of the surroundings, resort-style amenities and delicious dining options available anytime of the day.