…THE DALMAR will change your mind about what a hotel can be…of how a Hotel can transform the city that surrounds it…It will be a hotel unlike anything Fort Lauderdale has seen. A hotel that celebrates the city’s past, while shaping its future. In the process, it will establish itself as a vibrant cultural hub in the local scene – and an essential destination for the global creative class.
- SINCERE: builds emotional connections with guests through empathy and thoughtful service
- NON-SCRIPTED: treats guests like individuals, avoids corporate sentiments and brings their personality to each interaction
- ENGAGING: great storytellers with the ability to draw out lifestyle cues from guests and recommend local experiences that match their interests
- SENSE OF PRIDE: doesn’t perceive their role as forced servitude; they are driven by a personal connection/passion for what the hotel stands for and its reason for being
The Company operates 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, so operational demands require variations in shift days, starting and ending times, and hours worked in a week.
The Food & Beverage Server is responsible for ensuring that all food and beverage is served to guests according to Company standards.
The ideal candidate is friendly, optimistic, detail-oriented, has an outgoing personality, enjoys working with people and working on a team; has a proven passion and ability to anticipate and exceed our guests' needs; has knowledge of food and beverage operations; can comprehend and deliver service standards; excels at guest and team member relations and etiquette; and comprehends to importance of complying with applicable federal, state, and local health and safety regulations. Has at least 1 year experience as a banquet server, server in an upscale restaurant, or full-service hotel.
Breakfast shifts may begin as early as 4:30 AM, and room service shifts may run past midnight.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Promptly reports emergencies, accidents, injuries, missing articles, damage, engineering items, and safety hazards to management.
- Reports any deviations from policies, procedures, brand standards and regulations to management.
- Complies with all guest service basics such as uniforms, name tags and proper guest greeting.
- Knowledgeable on hotel facilities and services to assist guests as appropriate.
- Ensures all communication containing Company, hotel, brand and guest information is consistent with privacy policies, practices and regulations.
- Impresses guests with quality and timely service in a pleasant and friendly manner.
- Maintains complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards; maintains complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Uses equipment only as intended.
- Anticipate guests and fellow team member needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests and team members, however busy and whatever time of day; be familiar with all Hotel services/features and activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Respond in positive, calm tone to guest and team members at all times.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and strictly abide by state liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors and intoxicated persons.
- Transport food from kitchen to guests, whether in restaurant or guest room, often using trays or hand carts, in a safe and efficient manner.
- Fold napkins, set linen/skirting on tables.
- Set tables according to service standards.
- Set up all condiments and beverages.
- Ensure a sufficient supply of all silverware, glassware and chinaware for service.
- Greet guests as they arrive and assist them with seating at tables.
- Monitor surrounding and report concerns to supervisor.
- Open and serve wine/champagne bottles.
- Serve all food courses and beverage items to guests in accordance with function requirements and Hotel standards.
- Remove all tabletop items, linen and equipment from tables or guest rooms as needed.
- Complete closing side duties.
- Attend training, meetings, and other department events, as scheduled.
- All other duties as assigned by manager.
The Company may consider equivalent combination of acceptable education and experience providing the knowledge, skills and abilities cited below.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED
- One or more years of related experience
- Familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Special knowledge or skills necessary for this position:
- Minimum legal age to serve alcoholic beverages
- Knowledge of workplace safety procedures
- Licenses, certification or registrations required for this position:
- Ability to understand and provide friendly guest service. Ability to understand and comply with proper food preparation, cooking, handling and storage. Ability to understand and comply with kitchen sanitation, safety and equipment usage. Ability to timely compile facts/figures, identify and investigate issues and resolve basic matters. Ability to follow an appropriate course of action based on policies and procedures. Ability to operate a phone and other office equipment. Attention to details with good organizational and efficient time management skills.
- Consistent professional attitude and behavior with effective listening and communication skills. Ability to work in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible and efficient. Ability to satisfy the legal requirements for employment within the jurisdiction.