The Bistro Server is responsible for preparing food orders and serving meals or beverages to patrons and coordinating kitchen activities by performing various duties.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Presents menu, answers questions and takes food and beverage orders.
• Cooks or otherwise prepares food according to recipe.
• Cooks food in quantities according to menu and number of persons to be served.
• Monitors tables in assigned section ensuring all patrons are served.
• Computes bill and accepts payment; tracks sales receipts.
• Clears and cleans tables; resets counters and tables.
• Maintains kitchen and wait station by keeping area tidy and clean and stocks kitchen and bar at the end of each shift.
• Inventories food, supplies and equipment weekly, and order supplies as needed.
• Ensures all temp logs and waste logs are maintained daily.
• Receives, dates, and examines foodstuffs and supplies to ensure quality and quantity meet established standards and specifications.
• Ensures tips are reported properly for tax processing.
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSURE & CERTIFICATION
• Three to six months related experience; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
• Depending on the location of the hotel, upon hire, applicants may be required to obtain a “bartender license” through the local municipality. Applicants must be able to pass the municipality’s licensing screening process in order to be considered for hire.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
• Requires the ability to read, write, and speak the English language.
• Ability to manage difficult or emotional customer situations; includes the ability to respond promptly to customer needs and requests for service and assistance.
• Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
• Knowledge of, and ability to, appropriately interpret and follow policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of and ability to adhere to safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
• Ability to present and express ideas and information clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to audience, whether oral or written.
• Ability to meet the demands of the work schedule, to be at work and on time. May occasionally require the ability to work outside of regularly scheduled hours. Schedules may vary based on business need.
Welcome to the Courtyard Akron Fairlawn hotel located in Akron, OH off of Interstate 77 near Cuyahoga Valley National Park and scenic roadway. It's easy to visit everything the Akron area has to offer with businesses and attractions nearby. Travelers can explore the exhibits of the Akron Zoo and the Art Museum, catch a game at Canal Park Stadium, or visit nearby Canton, OH and the Pro Football Hall of Fame. The University of Akron is also near by, where guests can go to see the Akron Zips. Area businesses include Bridgestone Firestone, Jo-Ann Stores Inc. and the Goodyear World Headquarters. Guests of our Marriott hotel stay in comfort with our spacious guest rooms with a mini fridge and complimentary wireless internet, as well as access to our heated indoor pool, hot tub and 24 hour fitness center. Our hotel also features The Bistro where guests can Eat. Drink. Connect. with healthy meal options for breakfast, dinner and drinks with both Starbucks coffee and cocktails options available.
At Aimbridge Hospitality, bigger really is better! Now is a great time to join Aimbridge, the largest hotel management company in North America. Currently with approximately 60,000 Associates and a diverse portfolio of more than 1,400 hotels and resorts, we are continuing to grow and expand! Scale means opportunity, and here’s what that looks like at Aimbridge: