The Bistro Server is responsible for preparing food orders and serving meals or beverages to patrons and coordinating kitchen activities by performing various duties.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Presents menu, answers questions and takes food and beverage orders.
• Cooks or otherwise prepares food according to recipe.
• Monitors tables in assigned section ensuring all patrons are served.
• Computes bill and accepts payment; tracks sales receipts.
• Clears and cleans tables; resets counters and tables.
• Maintains kitchen and wait station by keeping area tidy and clean and stocks kitchen and bar at the end of each shift.
• Receives, dates, and examines foodstuffs and supplies to ensure quality and quantity meet established standards and specifications.
• Ensures tips are reported properly for tax processing.
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSURE & CERTIFICATION
• Three to six months related experience; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
• Barista Experience Preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
• Requires the ability to read, write, and speak the English language.
• Ability to manage difficult or emotional customer situations; includes the ability to respond promptly to customer needs and requests for service and assistance.
• Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
• Knowledge of, and ability to, appropriately interpret and follow policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of and ability to adhere to safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
• Ability to present and express ideas and information clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to audience, whether oral or written.
• Ability to meet the demands of the work schedule, to be at work and on time. May occasionally require the ability to work outside of regularly scheduled hours. Schedules may vary based on business need.
Warm and Welcoming Select Service at the Courtyard by Marriott in Simi Valley, Simi Valley’s newest hotel Welcome to the Courtyard by Marriott Simi Valley, CA conveniently located between Los Angeles and Santa Barbara in beautiful Ventura County. Whether you are traveling for business or leisure, Simi Valley’s newest hotel offers fresh and modern California accommodations in a perfect central location close to businesses and local Ventura County attractions.
The Courtyard by Marriott Simi Valley is just minutes away from the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library, and steps away from major companies such as Bank of America, Farmers Insurance and Simi Valley Hospital.
The Courtyard by Marriott Simi Valley, CA is also convenient to many beautiful Ventura County area golf courses. Featuring a fresh contemporary decor, the Courtyard by Marriott Simi Valley offers 91 spacious non-smoking king or two queen accommodations, as well as six suites. Room amenities include a generous workspace, high speed internet access, refrigerator and a 32 inch flat screen television.
Guests will appreciate the Courtyard Café, offering a healthy breakfast buffet or hot items cooked to order, all freshly prepared and reasonably priced. When it’s time to relax in Simi Valley, CA, visit the lobby lounge open Monday through Friday evenings, enjoy the outdoor swimming pool, or keep up with your workout routine at our on-site fitness center. Our warm and welcoming staff is always at your service.
An excellent choice for Simi Valley meetings, conferences, banquets, or special social events, the Courtyard by Marriott Simi Valley features two meeting rooms offering 1,600 sq. ft. of flexible meeting space, accommodating up to 100 guests.
The Courtyard by Marriott Simi Valley is located close to the cities of Thousand Oaks, CA and Moorpark, CA, and less than 5 miles from Cal Lutheran University and Moorpark College. Many beautiful golf courses, including Tierra Rejada, Lost Canyons, Wood Ranch Country Club and Moorpark Country Club, are just minutes away. Other points of interest include California's famous beaches - Malibu is just a short drive from the Courtyard by Marriott Simi Valley.
Our central location offers guests easy access to Magic Mountain and Universal Studios, about 30 minutes away; Disneyland and Knott's Berry Farm are just over an hour away from our Southern California hotel.