posted February 7, 2020Hyatt Regency Greenville
The purpose of the Assistant Manager is to assure the overall success of the restaurant and accompanying venues in or near the restaurant, by meeting or exceeding the guest expectation for service.
Essential Job Functions
• Must be able to work in a fast paced and customer service oriented environment; to perform duties under pressure and meet deadlines in a timely manner; to work as a part of a team as well as complete assignments independently; to take instructions from General Manager; to exercise problem solving skills and to interact with co-workers, General Manager, guests and the public in a professional and pleasant manner.
• Maintains communication with Chef. Understands menu prior to opening and is aware of changes during service. Understands timing of various items.
• Be knowledgeable of all menu items, garnish, contents and preparation methods. Be prepared to answer any guest questions about the menu in a direct, concise way.
• Be knowledgeable of the wine list, cocktails and bar including wine selections
• Check food before serving it to the guest to ascertain that appearance, temperature and portions are correct.
• Controls operation of his/her restaurant. Insures proper execution of service between team members. Observe diners to respond to any additional requests. Manage the restaurant in an efficient timely manner. Responsible for printing new menus when needed.
• Must complete opening/closing duties. Close server’s paperwork at the end of the shift. Responsible for his/her bank. All completed paperwork given to Night Audit. Responsible for insuring that checks are closed to correct account.
• Accountable for the beverage cost of the restaurant.
• Awareness of hotel functions and special events. Manager on Duty Responsibilities as necessary.
• Knowledgeable on computer terminal, POS System, E-time. Responsible for forecasting.
• Must help servers when help is needed, by bussing tables, serving food, opening wine, etc.
• Responsible for preparing weekly work schedule and controlling labor cost for department.
• Completing Weekly associate tip reporting.
• Responsible for maintaining guest relations charge log.
• Complies with Company Standards of Service as outlined for Auro Hotels.
• Projects a favorable image of Auro Hotels to the public at all times.
• Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures to achieve the overall objectives of this position.
• Treats guests, vendors, customers and co-workers with professionalism and respect at all times.
• Completes Departmental, Auro Hotels and Brand standards training as assigned.
• Maintains a clean and neat appearance at all times.
• Must be able to work flexible work hours/schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays.
• Abide by all State, Federal and Corporate liquor regulations pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages to minors and intoxicated guests to ensure all laws are being followed.
2-3 years restaurant management/supervisory experience in a casual, upscale dining Restaurant with similar size and volume is preferred.Hotel experience is a plus.
An online application is required for consideration for this position. To apply, interested, qualified applicants should go to: www.aurohotels.com/careers/
Auro Hotels is an e-verify and equal opportunity employer. All applicants are subject to background and substance abuse screening prior to any offer of employment
Hyatt Regency Greenville offers guests the perfect balance of Southern hospitality and modern amenities. Located in the trendy downtown area of Greenville, we’re near the area’s best dining, shopping, and entertainment. Whether you’re visiting Furman University, exploring Falls Park on the Reedy, or staying in town for business, you will find a welcoming room waiting for you in South Carolina.
What Makes a Seamless Stay:
Award-winning accommodations: Named an AAA Four Diamond award winner