Train Managers and Supervisors while providing oversight to the current and future team responsible for respect and dignity training and compliance within the NYC portfolio.
The Training and ER mission is to train our leaders so they can better care for our team at all levels. This position will focus on growing manager's leadership skills and increasing team satisfaction.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Train Managers and Supervisors in topics related to Respect and Dignity, Employee Relations, and Feedback for Improvement (Leadership).
- Facilitate annual re-training of all managers and supervisors
- Directly facilitate open employee communications by visiting properties to discover and respond to issues in an appropriate manner, including re-addressing managers of concern.
- Ensures that the "Open Door Policy" is operative at all levels.
- Ensure special recognition of all the Team Members of the Month and Year and Managers of the Quarter and Year from Corporate
- Assist with identification and resolutions of issues raised by associates from Hotels
- Ensure participation during the team lunches to provide the best environment for information sharing and activities.
- Assist with AOS as needed
- Assist with recruitment, orientation, and onboarding as needed.
- Coordination and execution of Monthly Corporate Team Lunch
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource or Hospitality Management a plus
- Training program facilitation experience preferred.
- Minimum of three years of HR and/or hotel management experience
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office, ADP, and (HRIS) software a plus
- Languages: Bilingual – Spanish is required
Special Physical and/or Mental Requirements:
- Understanding of curriculum designs and methods of delivery for training programs of this specific program at all levels
- Must be an excellent presenter and facilitator
- Must have strong interpersonal skills with a positive attitude (Passion, drive, and enthusiasm)
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely (written, oral and presentation skills)
- Ability to pro-actively plan, schedule and execute multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret policies, procedures, and other business practices, guidelines and documents
- Ability to lead, coach and develop direct reports and staff to achieve professional goals through the company development program
- Ability to make people connections at all levels, monitor the effectiveness of training, and employee relations.