The Banquet Setup Crew is responsible for the setup and breakdown of furniture and other banquet and conference materials within the conference rooms of a the Hotel.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintain complete knowledge of: a) Daily scheduled group functions, times, locations, amount of people. b) Location of all Hotel function space and names of rooms. c) All styles of meeting and Banquet room settings. d) Correct maintenance and use of equipment. e) All Departmental/Hotel policies and procedures. f) All safety guidelines.
- Review assignment sheets with Supervisor; update completed assignments.
- Inspect set rooms for cleanliness and agreement to group requirements; rectify any deficiencies.
- Inspect cleanliness and working condition of all equipment and supplies to be set up in function area; rectify any deficiencies.
- Set up rooms and function areas with designated tables, chairs, staging, dance floor, flipcharts, easels, blackboards and other equipment as specified by group requirements and in accordance with departmental standards.
- Set up table linens, skirting and tabletop items (water pitchers, ashtrays, glasses, etc.) as specified by group and in accordance with departmental standards.
- Refresh rooms as scheduled, following departmental standards.
- Breakdown function areas as scheduled in accordance to departmental procedures.
- Empty trash containers, ashtrays and ash urns in public areas into proper containers for recycling.
- Empty vacuum cleaner bags, replace and clean machines. Return soiled linens/skirting to laundry bins.
Education & Experience:
- High school graduate/equivalent vocational training certificate or work equivalent.
- Previous experience in similar position in the Hospitality industry.
- Knowledge of various room set-ups and standard equipment involved. Knowledge of proper chemical handling and cleaning techniques.
- Adhere to timelines in completion of set-ups.
- Previous guest relations training.
EEO/AA Employer DisclosureCrestline Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability status.