posted February 2, 2020Courtyard by Marriott Kalamazoo Portage
Aimbridge Hospitality is seeking a Market Sales Manager to join the team and sell for the Courtyard & Homewood Suites Kalamazoo, Hampton Inn Battle Creek, and the Fairfield Holland.
The Market Sales Manager will work in conjunction with the Director of Market Sales to achieve the hotel’s revenue and market share goals for two or more properties. This position will solicit, negotiate and book new and repeat business in the assigned market segment.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Solicit and servicing new and existing assigned accounts
• Conducts a required amount of sales activities including telemarketing, cold calls,
e-mailing and prospecting.
• Schedule and completes sales appointments
• Organizes, maintains, and tracks sales data
• Participates, as needed, in Revenue Management strategies with DOMS and GM
• Other responsibilities include building solid business relationships with local
companies, creating innovative means for attracting and retaining groups and
meeting room opportunities
• Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSURE & CERTIFICATION
• One-year certificate from college or technical school and three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Valid Driver’s license required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
• Requires the ability to read, write, and speak the English language.
• Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; develops alternative solutions and uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Ability to manage difficult or emotional customer situations; includes the ability to respond promptly to customer needs and requests for service and assistance.
• Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
• Knowledge of, and ability to, appropriately interpret and follow policies and procedures.
• Ability to present and express ideas and information clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to audience, whether oral or written.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Outlooks, and PowerPoint.
• Ability to develop strong relationships with customers/potential customers.
• Ability to interpret and anticipate customers’ needs.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Strong organizational and planning skills.
• Basic knowledge of hotel operations.
• Ability to meet the demands of the work schedule, to be at work and on time. May occasionally require the ability to work outside of regularly scheduled hours. Schedules may vary based on business need.
This Marriott hotel is located 3 miles from Kalamazoo/Battle Creek International Airport & near many local area businesses like Pfizer, Kellogg and Eaton. Visitors to the area colleges and universities will be a short drive to WMU, Davenport University, Kalamazoo College, and Kalamazoo Valley Community College. Families looking for things to do in Kalamazoo can visit attractions such as Wing's Stadium, Air Zoo, or Milham Golf Course. Ski Enthusiasts are 30 minutes from Bittersweet Ski Resort in Otsego, MI. There are many Kalamazoo Restaurants nearby for guests to discover including Bell's Eccentric Cafe, Craftsman Chop Co, or the hotel's very own restaurant. The Bistro, located inside of the Courtyard Kalamazoo Portage, serves up American favorites for breakfast & dinner in addition to serving Starbucks specialty drinks. If you need a snack, The Market is open 24-7. Our Marriott hotel provides free WiFi, on-site laundry, a business center, meeting room, indoor pool & hot tub, and a fitness center.
At Aimbridge Hospitality, bigger really is better! Now is a great time to join Aimbridge, the largest hotel management company in North America. Currently with approximately 60,000 Associates and a diverse portfolio of more than 1,400 hotels and resorts, we are continuing to grow and expand! Scale means opportunity, and here’s what that looks like at Aimbridge: