ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Direct the solicitation efforts of the sales staff through effective oral and written communication while overseeing rate, date and space commitments for group room sales within the hotel.
2. Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
3. Ensure training programs are conducted regularly and Crescent standards of performance are met. Give guidance and counsel staff toward improvement.
4. Compile and/or direct the preparation of reports pertaining to the operation of the Sales Department to include, but not limited to the annual and monthly Forecast, Marketing Budget, Lead Management System, Booking Report, star reports and Sales Meeting minutes
5. Coordinate ongoing research of the travel industry to detect market trends and related information for development of new marketing strategies. Make reasonable recommendations to improve potential from various markets.
6. Develop and conduct persuasive verbal sales presentations to prospective clients. Internally promote Crescent programs.
7. Meet with and entertain clients some of which will require travel.
8. Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to the staff.
9. Initiate preparation of computerized annual Sales & Marketing Plan and execute plans as outlined, critically examining and adjusting as deemed necessary by current market conditions.
10. Organize and/or attend scheduled Sales Department and related meetings.
11. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
12. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player. Knowledge of travel industry, current market trends and economic factors. Extensive skill in development and delivery of sales presentations. Ability to access, understand and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system. Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers and staff, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to diffuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts. Ability to stand and move throughout the hotel property and continuously perform essential job functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
The Mayfair is where adventurous spirits come to have spirited adventures – a haven that attracts and creates culture. From artists and musicians to writers and performers, the crowd is always an eclectic mix of tastemakers and life tasters. An authentic and electric vibe sparks creativity, ignites passions, and blurs the lines between art and experience.
Designed by the visionary Gulla Jónsidóttir, The Mayfair’s nostalgic authenticity merges with a contemporary edge to create an experience that is as casually sophisticated as it is thoughtfully provocative.
From the first post-Oscar party to any night at M Bar, we’ve always had something truly intoxicating on the menu – whether it’s a craft beer with good friends or a handcrafted cocktail with a seductive stranger.
Inspired by a character from a Raymond Chandler novel—written during his stay at The Mayfair—and helmed by Season 12 “Hell’s Kitchen” winner, celebrity chef Scott Commings, Eve American Bistro tempts guests with a range of offerings including our by the piece raw bar, rotisserie, and locally sourced ingredients.