Vespera on Ocean is a brand-new hotel within Marriott's Autograph Collection, located steps from the ocean and central boardwalk in scenic Pismo Beach, California. At the heart of the Vespera on Ocean will be a full-service, three-meal, 200+ seat upscale restaurant, with a bar/lounge, patio with unobstructed ocean views, poolside dining, interior banquet space, and an event lawn for private functions. At the center of the restaurant is a custom-designed open kitchen.
We are currently looking for Runners to join the team at our Vespera on Ocean property.
Responsible for running food from the kitchen to guests in various outlets, assist food servers with table service to ensure total guest satisfaction as necessary.
• Maintain stock and cleanliness of expo station for all meal periods with necessary equipment including necessary silverware, plate liners, plate wipes, side plates, under liners, ramekins, and other items deemed necessary by the chef/manager.
• Greet guests in a pleasant and courteous manner when running food to a table.
• Transport all dirty tableware from dining room to dishwashing area for proper cleaning if necessary.
• Work closely with expo to ensure full tables are being run with proper position numbers—never auction food.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
• Perform general cleaning tasks, using standard hotel cleaning products as assigned by supervisor to adhere to health standards.
• Folding napkins for all meal periods throughout the day to maintain an adequate supply, restocking condiments, etc.
• Perform other duties as requested, such as cleaning unexpected spills, or special guest requests and cross-training, to ensure total guest satisfaction.
• Report any suspicious persons or activities to a supervisor immediately.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
• Knowledge of the appropriate table settings, service ware, table numbers, and seat positions.
•Full menu knowledge including ingredients, allergens, garnishes, and marking utensils
• Ability to understand and speak English to comprehend basic guest requests. Ability to understand written English to read any caution or safety notices.
• Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise, transport up to 30 lbs. through a crowded room.
• Ability to move or push goods on a hand cart/truck weighing a maximum of 100 lbs.
Any combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Grade school education preferred.
No prior experience required. Prior hospitality experience preferred.
About Evolution Hospitality
Headquartered in Orange County, CA, Evolution Hospitality is one of the top privately-owned hotel management companies in the US. Evolution Hospitality has a well-defined vision, a strong sense of values and guiding principles, and a long-range, quality-minded approach to business. From unassuming beginnings with a single property, today Evolution Hospitality is recognized as a first-class operator of hotels.
We are proud to offer candidates a dynamic career, personal growth, a strong tradition of mutual trust, integrity and an opportunity to make an impact on the business. Simply put, it means that it feels a bit different to work here. We are universally driven by our fundamental values and beliefs. At Evolution Hospitality, all associates are selected and evaluated on two criteria equally: results and culture. Honesty and humility are equally important as intellect and ability, and each member of the team embraces the challenge of becoming a better human being, both personally and professionally, as part of the package. Superstars are those individuals that not only create value for the company but also genuinely embrace and live Evolution Hospitality's unique culture.
Are you ready to evolve? If you are interested in establishing a solid career and taking giant strides in personal growth, Evolution Hospitality is just the family you're looking for.
Embodying an upscale beach house-inspired design, Vespera on Ocean offers a fun, active, and stylish escape for guests to relax, unwind, and enjoy the best of Pismo Beach. The perfect hub for adventure and excitement we offer a unique blend of East Coast charm with West Coast sensibilities. Designed for the active traveler we provide guests an array of on-site luxuries and activities, including a one-of-a-kind outdoor space featuring a sparkling pool and spa, bar, and event lawn with fire pits. Rooms include elegant interiors, oversized bathrooms, large windows and private balconies overlooking the Pacific Ocean. Whether you are simply traveling through or staying with us, Vespera on Ocean invites you to experience a taste of beach living.